Module Code: EC301B
Module Title: Economic Analysis
- ECTS Weighting: 5
- Semester/Term Taught: Michaelmas Term
- Contact Hours: 22 hours of lectures and 4 hours of tutorials
- Module Personnel: Professor Michael Wycherley
- Be actively conversant with the terminology of macroeconomics; Interpret macroeconomic data;
- Synthesize a broad range of topics in modern macroeconomics
Module Learning Aims
This module builds on the foundations of EC2010 Intermediate Economics, developing some of the topics from that module, and introducing some new ones.
Macroeconomics: intertemporal consumption and labour supply; investment theory; money demand; the analysis of business cycles; monetary policy; fiscal policy.
Recommended Reading List
No prescribed text, readings and cases will be provided by the lecturer throughout the module.
Module Pre Requisite
There are two assignments, each worth 50% of the overall module mark.
https://sites.google.com/site/wycherlm/ec3010 accessible via Blackboard or directly.