Student Counselling Services can provide workshops and lectures on a number of topics relevant to student mental health and wellbeing when requested by schools, departments, or societies. These workshops are provided free of charge as part of our outreach strategy.
For Freshman Classes we recommend our one hour lecture on Minding our Mental Health in College, which covers topics such as stress, resilience, managing difficult emotions and dealing with self-criticism.
For Sophister Classes and Postgraduates, we recommend a 1.5 hour or 2 hour workshop, which covers similar topics but involves more interactive learning, including basic active listening skills.
Other workshops available on request on a wide variety of topics including
- Shyness and Social Anxiety
- Pros and Cons of Perfectionism
- Self-esteem and the inner critic
- Relationships: the laws of attraction
- Breaking bad habits and forming new ones
- Understanding mental health: Alternatives to diagnostic labels
- How to support a friend who is struggling
- Self care and stress management
- Cultivating mindfulness and compassion
For workshops on academic skills, please see the SLD workshop programme
To request a workshop for your school, department or student group, please email us at email@example.com. We request as much notice as possible to give us the best chance of being able to fulfil your request.