Student Counselling Services can provide workshops and lectures on a number of topics relevant to student mental health and wellbeing when requested by schools, departments, or societies. These workshops are provided free of charge as part of our outreach strategy.
During the phased re-opening of college, most of these can be delivered online as webinars.
In most instances we recommend our Minding our Mental Health in College programme. This covers tops such as stress, resilience, managing difficult emotions, and dealing with self-criticism.
For Freshman Classes we suggest our one hour lecture.
For Sophister Classes, Postgraduates, or groups who know each other a little better, we recommend a 1.5 hour or 2 hour workshop, which covers similar topics but involves more interactive learning, including basic active listening skills.
Other workshops available on request on a wide variety of topics including
- Managing stress and anxiety
- Boosting motivation
- Shyness and Social Anxiety
- Pros and Cons of Perfectionism
- Self-esteem and the inner critic
- Relationships: the laws of attraction
- Breaking bad habits and forming new ones
- Understanding mental health: Alternatives to diagnostic labels
- How to support a friend who is struggling
- Cultivating mindfulness and compassion
- Building empathy skills
For workshops on academic skills, please see the SLD workshop programme
To request a workshop for your school, department or student group, please fill out the form below. To give us the best chance of being able to fulfil your request, please give us as much notice as possible.