Student Advisory Board
The student advisory board has been set up by students in collaboration with staff to ensure that the student perspective is central to the activities and undertakings of the Student Counseling Service, Student Learning Development and Student 2 Student (SCS/SLD/S2S).
It is a voluntary board comprised of elected role holders and representatives from student bodies across the college.
If you want to contact the Student Advisory Board to know more or ask a question please email them. Email SAB
SAB are currently recruiting new members Apply online here
Questions about SAB
What are its remit and powers?
Their main powers and purposes have been defined as follows:
- To convene meetings for the purpose of suggesting or reviewing project work undertaken by staff in SCS/SLD/S2S
- To attend other SCS/SLD/S2S meetings deemed appropriate for Student Advisory Board members, provided there is no breach to SCS/SLD/S2S policy caused by the attendance of a Student Advisory Board member
- To request in advance of a convened meeting any relevant project information including statistical and fiscal data, provided there is no breach to SCS/SLD/S2S policy caused by the sharing of this information with the Student Advisory Board
- To identify and participate in any training deemed relevant and useful to their role in the Student Advisory Board, provided resources are available to fund their participation.
- Please find the SAB Constitution here.
Joining the SAB
Applications for the SAB are held at the beginning of each academic year, but do feel free to complete the form below and we will get in touch if there are any available positions!