Scholarship for Irish Studies - ABEI/HADDAD Fellowship 2018-2019
M.Phil at Trinity College Dublin, the University of Dublin, Ireland
Registration period: 16th March to 1st May 2018
- M.F.A. Playwriting
- M. Phil in Literary Translation
- M. Phil in Irish Writing
- M. Phil in Creative Writing
The grant will cover one year's worth of international tuition fee (September 2018-2019), accommodation, travel costs and living expenses for a total value of €35,000.
The Selection Process
An examining board designated by W.B. Yeats Chair of Irish Studies/USP will announce on 14th May 2018 up to four best candidates according to their academic merit and previous interview.
Those selected will be assessed by Trinity, whose board, formed by the Directors of the courses afore mentioned, will announce the winner of the HADDAD FELLOWSHIP scholarship by 20th June 2018.
All academic work (written or oral presentations) produced as a result of this scholarship at TCD should acknowledge ABEI/HADDAD FELLOWSHIP.
- The selected candidate should present to ABEI a short report when completed the first 6 months and the results of the final MA dissertation at his/her return to Brazil.
- Once graduated, the researcher should participate in ABEI events presenting the results of his/her work at TCD and collaborate as an active member of the society.
- The aim of the Fellowship is to develop studies, research and activities related to the chosen areas of specialization in Brazil. It is expected an engagement of the selected candidate at the end of the programme for that matter.
Venue for handing in documents
Send documents electronically to the International Cooperation Committee (CCInt-FFLCH): email@example.com Subject: ABEI-HADDAD Fellowship.).
[Rua do Lago, nº 717, room 130 (FFLCH Administration Building)].
1. General Enrolment Requirements
- At the time of registration, the student must have finished their undergraduate degree or be regularly enrolled in a post graduate course and have finished at least one module;
- The student must have an average higher than 7 for undergraduates or an A or B for post-graduates;
- The student must not be taking part in an exchange program;
- The student needs to be a member of ABEI and be up-to-date with the annual payment www.abei.org;
- The student should include their Trinity application number on their application. They are welcome to apply before they have received an offer of admission, however they will only be eligible to receive the scholarship if they receive an offer of admission from Trinity;
- Students applying to Trinity for the M. Phil in Irish Writing or M. Phil in Creative Writing in Trinity after March 31st and before May 1st should contact Antonio de Linares firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Required Documents
- Registration form (available at CCInt-FFLCH's website);
- Letter of interest in English stating why the student choses the program, their academic interests and how his/her research project (abstract of the proposal) or the ongoing study program will benefit (maximum 3 pages or 1500 words);
- A recent academic paper written in English (maximum 7 pages or 3000 words);
English proficiency certificate. Trinity accepts the following proficiency exams if they had been taken within two years of the date of the application:
- IELTS: Grade 6.5 (No section less than 6.0)
- TOEFL: 88 - iBT, 230 - Computer based, 570 - paper based
- University of Cambridge: 180+ on Cambridge English scale with no less than 175 in each skill and use of English i.e.
- Proficiency Certificate, Grade C or better (CEFR Level C1 or C2) Advanced Certificate, Grade C or better (CEFR Level C1 or C2) First Certificate, Grade A (CEFR Level C1)#
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) - PTE Academic: a minimum score of 63 (with no section score below 59)
- Updated student undergraduate (and postgraduate) transcript from Sistema Jupiterweb or Janusweb, or from another Brazilian University;
- Curriculum Vitae (student must present their Curriculum Lattes);
- Two reference letters written in English sent to email@example.com;
- A copy of the student's passport which must be valid at least until the end of the exchange program.