How to Apply
- Go to the Courses website and find the course you love.
- Read the User Guide for my.tcd.ie applications.
- Apply by selecting the 'Apply' link under the course description. You can save your application and return to it, but remember to submit it when you're finished!
An application fee of €55 is applicable for all direct applications to Trinity College Dublin. This payment must be made online following the instructions on the application form. The online application processing fee is non-refundable. The course application will not be submitted to Trinity until the application fee is paid in full.
As part of the online application, applicants will also need to submit original or certified true* copies of:
- third level qualification results
- IELTS, Cambridge Advanced/Proficiency, TOEFL scores, for applicants whose first language is not English
- Academic transcripts for each year of third level study and all third level qualifications awarded
- Two letters of recommendation
- Application fee (non-refundable) and application fee payment form
Please note that where the statement of examination results is in a language other than English, applicants should submit a certified true translation of the statement along with a certified true copy of their original results with the application.
*A certified true copy is a photocopy of an original document that has been signed and stamped by a school principal or other official.
Postgraduate Research Degrees
All students undertaking a research degree are assigned to a single principal supervisor. The supervisor’s role is essentially that of an academic guide and mentor.
If you plan to carry out your degree by research, you are advised to contact the appropriate School with your research proposal and arrange a suitable supervisor before submitting your application. You should initially consult the School website for further information.
Research students are placed either directly on the Ph.D. register or on the Masters register. Research students on the Masters register may then transfer to the Ph.D. register if their progress has been satisfactory. Such transfers usually occur during the second year of full-time study.
Managing Your Application
Once you have submitted an online application, you will be sent an acknowledgement email to the email address you provided when setting up your user account on the my.tcd.ie applicant portal. The applicant portal will allow you to send and receive communications regarding your application to Trinity.
You will be able to track the progress of your application at every stage of the admissions process, update your personal information, view decisions made on your application(s) and accept any offers you may receive.