Clinical studies are conducted at our University teaching hospitals. Specifically, we have a dedicated memory clinic, a falls clinic and a syncope clinic at St. James’ Hospital, and a range of clinical studies are also conducted at St. Patricks Hospital and AMiNCH, Tallaght.
- Autonomic function tests
- Neurally mediated syncope test
- Cognitive function assessments
- Neurocardiovascular instability
- Behavioural methods for improving brain function in clinical groups and in normal ageing
- Child and adult ADHD
- Traumatic brain injury
- Progressive disorders from acquired brain injury
- Mild cognitive impairment
- Alzheimer’s disease
TILDA Health centre based tests include: Anthropometric analyses, Grip strength, Visual acuity, Contrast sensitivity, Macular densitometry, Heel ultrasound, Phasic blood pressure, Heart rate variability, Pulse wave velocity & Gait & balance assessment.
St. James Hospital based tests include: Cerebral blood flow, Sampling & analysis of blood, plasma and cerebrospinal fluid and Task dependent measurements of blood pressure, heart rate and temperature.