Visiting Student Module Enrolment Process and Module Directory
Information on Module Enrolment
- Modules are enrolled subject to timetabling constraints. Students are not permitted to take clashing modules i.e. where there is a timetable clash with another module. Neither module/tutorial will be registered on your record until the clashing is resolved with the relevant academic department(s)/school.
- A full academic year is equivalent to 60 ECTS. Full year students are expected to take a minimum of 45 ECTS and single term students a minimum of 20-30 ECTS.
- The Academic Registry is responsible for the administrative process of module registration only. Any queries in relation to course content, course requirement or clashes should be directed to the relevant academic school.
- Students must obtain the signed approval of the relevant coordinator in each academic area in respect of each module.
- If you register for a module and do not withdraw officially by the submission deadline you will receive a mark of ABSENT on your Trinity transcript.
- Completed Hilary Term Module Enrolment Forms MUST be submitted to the Academic Registry Support Staff between 9:00AM – 2:00PM between January 17th-30th, 2019.
Application Process for Module Enrolment and Submission of the Form
1. Review modules in advance of selection in the Module Directory: https://www.tcd.ie/students/orientation/visiting-exchange/module-enrolment.php
2. Print the Module Enrolment Form.
3. Input module choices based on module titles and codes in the Module Directory.
4. Bring the completed form to each of the relevant school(s) for sign off by the coordinator(s). You can discuss any of the modules at the relevant School Meetings (timetabled below).
5. Bring your completed and signed forms to the Academic Registry, Watts Building between 9:00AM – 2:00PM between January 17th-30th, 2019.
6. If there are no clashes, your selected modules will appear on your my.tcd.ie portal timetable and Blackboard within 48 hours of submission. Please log onto your my.tcd.ie portal and verify that you are registered on the correct modules.
If you have any questions about the module enrolment process, please log a ticket via your my.tcd.ie portal using the AskAR button. This will allow us to assign your query to the Visiting Student enrolment support team to ensure a quicker response.
Any questions in relation to the modules and academic content should be directed to the relevant academic school delivering the module.
School Meetings for Module Discussion and Sign off
Students are encouraged to go to the relevant schools at the following times and dates where staff will be able to advise and discuss module choices.
Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
Broad Curriculum offers a module from outside a student's chosen course for those interested in broadening their education and/or university experience. You can apply for Broad Curriculum modules as soon as you’re fully registered at Trinity College.
FAQs for Visiting and Eramus students can be found here. More information on Broad Curriculum can be found at http://www.tcd.ie/academicregistry/student-registration/BC/.