The Library attempts to collect all government publications of the Republic of Ireland. Most publications up to 2010 are available in the Berkeley Library, first floor. All publications from 2010, and everything processed since 2010, are integrated in the main library collections – most are in closed storage but findable in Stella Search and the Classic Catalogue.
The Irish collections include:
- Ireland ("Eire" from 1937; "Republic of Ireland" from 1949)
- Irish Free State (1922-1937)
- British-Irish Council (1998-)
- Provisional Government of Ireland (1922)
- Dáil Éireann administration (1919-1922)
- Provisional government (1916)
- United Kingdom departments for Ireland (1801-1922)
- British-Irish Council and its agencies
- Irish Standards
Acts, recent Bills, Statutory Rules and Orders and Statutory Instruments are in the Morrison Reading Room for Law. Dail and Seanad debates are to be found among the History and Research Area stalls on the second floor of the Berkeley Library.
Recent Irish publications published online can also be found in edepositIreland.
Some published listings of Irish official publications include:
- Iris Oifigiúil (Stationery Office, Dublin); available online (with a current archive going back to 2002); the Library's print copies go back to at least 1951.
- Stationery Office, Dublin, catalogues
- Sources of economic information: Ireland. 2nd ed. 1999.
- Irish government publications: a select list 1972-1992.
- Irish Stationery Office reports 1973-1986.
- Irish official publications: a guide to Republic of Ireland papers, with a breviate of reports 1922-1972.
- A select list of reports of inquiries of the Irish Dail and Senate 1922-72.
- Ireland in the nineteenth century: a breviate of official publications.