Online Catalogue: Stella Search and Classic Catalogue
- Most of the Library’s official publications can be found here; nearly everything received since the early 1980s is included.
- Publications in series are either grouped under the series title on one record (as with journals), or catalogued individually with a separate record for each new item, or a mixture of both. Cataloguing practice in this area is changing over time, and the best “fit” differs from series to series.
Official Publications Card Catalogue
- This is a legacy catalogue and is available to Library staff only.
- The vast majority of records have been transferred to the online catalogue (Stella Search/Classic Catalogue); there is a possibility that some materials published before 1984 may only be found in the Card Catalogue: please Contact Us if you want to find out more.
- The Library holds extensive collections of publication catalogues issued by governmental and intergovernmental agencies.
- The main publisher of UK official publications is The Stationery Office (TSO), formerly Her Majesty’s Stationery Office (HMSO). See for example its online database UKOP. Printed copies of its catalogue for UK publications, and its catalogue for a number of international organisations are also available in the library.
- All databases by or containing materials of official publications are findable in Stella Search and the Classic Catalogue.
- For a list of the most common databases see here.
edepositIreland – digital publications
- This new service collects digital publications (most born-digital, some digitised) by a growing number of open access publishers, including government departments, government agencies and non-governmental organisations.
- Sections of the Official publications collections, particularly from the early 20th century, are not yet fully catalogued.