Visiting Other Libraries
On this page:
- ALCID Cards (Academic Staff and Postgraduate Students)
- Music PAL Cards (All Staff and Students)
- Letters of Introduction (All Staff and Students)
An ALCID (Academic Libraries Co-operating In IrelanD) card enables access to the collections of participating libraries, but without borrowing rights, and subject to their rules and regulations.
ALCID member institutions:
- Dublin City University
- Dublin Institute for Advanced Studies
- Dublin Institute of Technology
- Mary Immaculate College
- Mater Dei Institute of Education
- National College of Art and Design
- NUI Galway
- NUI Maynooth
- Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
- Royal Irish Academy
- St Angela's College, Sligo
- St Patrick's College, Drumcondra
- Trinity College Dublin
- University College Cork
- University of Limerick
ALCID cards are available for:
- Full-time academic staff
- Academic-related staff
- Registered students reading for higher degrees
To obtain and use an ALCID card:
- Complete application form (PDF 22KB)
- Return in person to Admissions Counter, Berkeley Library (PDF 63KB) with Trinity College Dublin ID card
- Carry Trinity College Dublin ID card at all times along with the ALCID card when visiting
- Be familiar with regulations at the other library
- Renew if required at end of academic year
Music PAL facilitates access to music information and materials available across a broad range of libraries and archives throughout the island of Ireland. Member libraries collaborate to provide easy access to music resources held in their collections (though without borrowing rights, and subject to their rules and regulations). Trinity College Library Dublin is a participant.
Letters of introduction are available to access other libraries from the Duty Librarian.
These are available to all members of Trinity College Dublin to aid admission to any library. However, Trinity College Library Dublin cannot guarantee acceptance by the other institution.
Letters of introduction can only be used to consult individual, identified resources, not currently available in Trinity College Dublin Library.