Carrels are individual study desks in the Library, allocated to registered postgraduate students on application to give priority to them for their use. Carrels are located in each of the Berkeley, Lecky, Ussher and Hamilton Libraries.
- Allocated to registered Masters and Doctoral students at the beginning of the academic year for the remainder of that year
- Until the end of October, carrels will be allocated to research-only students (Ph.D, M.Litt.)
- From November remaining carrels allocated to taught Masters students
- Complete application form (PDF 152KB) and return to Admissions Counter, Berkeley Library (PDF 63KB) or Service Counter, Hamilton Library (PDF 31KB)
- Further information and regulations are available (PDF 248KB)
Lockers are provided with every carrel.
- For personal papers only
- Not for storage of Library books or journals
- Deposit of €20 required. Forfeited if key is lost or returned late
Please inform appropriate Library in writing or by e-mail if:
- No longer require carrel
- No longer registered
- Change address