Claddagh Scholarship Programme
Trinity College Dublin are delighted offer a number of scholarships for Chinese nationals under the Claddagh Scholarship Programme. These scholarships are being offered to students who have an offer for an undergraduate programme at Trinity. Details of the scholarship being offered can be found below:
Undergraduate Claddagh Scholarships
Award: Scholarships valued at €2,500 and €5,000 each, applied as a reduction to the tuition fees of a full-time undergraduate programme for the first year of study only.
There are several scholarships available in the following areas:
- Full-time undergraduate programmes (except Medicine, Dentistry and Acting) – maximum of 10 scholarships available. Details of undergraduate programmes at Trinity can be found on the link below:
Application Process for Claddagh Scholarship Programme
Who can apply: Applicants who are normally resident in China, who have non-EU status and will pay non-EU tuition fees.
Selection criteria: The scholarship will be assessed based on academic achievement, and evaluation of the applicants’ potential to contribute to the overall TCD community
Scholarship application documents
Applicants are required to submit the following documents to apply for the Claddagh Scholarship Programme:
- Cover letter outlining your full name, TCD application number (assigned by TCD when application is submitted) and name of programme you have applied for at Trinity College Dublin.
- 200 word statement on “how I will contribute to our Trinity College Dublin community.” – submit in Microsoft word document or pdf format
Scholarship Application Process
Closing date for Claddagh Scholarship Applications is Friday 29th March 2019.
Please submit your scholarship application as follows:
- Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject line: your name and your applicant number
- You will receive an acknowledgement of receipt of scholarship request
- No further communication until scholarship awards are made; awards will be made and successful candidates informed no later than Friday 19th April 2019
- Decision to accept scholarship is required on Friday 26th April 2019; the scholarship award will be confirmed with acceptance of your offer to attend TCD and payment of your deposit.
- You will be responsible for formally accepting the scholarship offer by email reply to email@example.com
- Acknowledgement of receipt of scholarship acceptance will come within 72 hours