- 29 Mar-1 Apr 2017 - Prof Poul Holm will attend the American Society for Environmental History in Chicago and present the Norfish project at session 4-A Navigating the North Atlantic Past through archaeology, History and the Environmental Humanities.
- 5th April 2017 - Dr. Cornelius Buttimer of University College Cork will present a lecture, entitled "Weather Data in Humphrey O'Sullivan's Diary, 1827-35". The meeting will take place on Wednesday 5th April, 2017, in the TRISS Seminar Room, Floor 6, Arts Block, from 5pm.
- 4 May 2017 - Prof Poul Holm will present findings of the Norfish project at the early modern social and economic history seminar, Cambridge University, UK.
- 5 May 2017 - Dr Katja Bruisch will give a presentation at the University of Santiago de Compostela's Argicultural History Group.
- 9-13 May 2017 - Dr. Francis Ludlow will co-convene at a session at PAGES 5th Open Science Meeting (OSM), Zaragoza, Spain. Session entitled: "Volcanic eruptions: the thread connecting climate records, societal change and future climate projections?", more info here.
- 5-7 June 2017 - Dr Francis Ludlow will give a presentation entitled "Consilience of Human and Natural Archives to Advance Understanding of how Climate Change Impacted Past Societies" as part of 'Scientific Approaches to the Study of the Past: A Three Day Summer School', University of Kent, U.K.
- 6-9 June 2017- Prof. Poul Holm will be attending the Sea, Land, and Spirit conference in Dingle. More details here.
- 12-15 June 2017- Prof. Poul Holm will be presenting a keynote speech centred on the theme of Palaeoecology at the 3rd ESSAS Open Science Meeting in Tromso, Norway. More details here.
- 22nd June 2017 Dr. Yi-peng (Yvonne) Lai of the National Sun Yat-sen University (Taiwan) will present a lecture on her doctoral research on "Ulysses Green-appraised: Environmental Politics and Joyce" in Trinity Long Room Hub, Neill Theatre at 6pm.
- 28-30 June 2017 - Prof. Poul Holm will participate in a roundtable discussion entitled "Environmental History and the Coastal Edge" at the European Society for Environmental History Biennial Conference 2017 in Zagreb, Croatia. Further details here.
- 28 June - 1st July 2017 - Dr Katja Bruisch will participate on a panel discussion centred on "Wetlands in Northern and Eastern Europe" at the European Society for Environmental History Biennial Conference 2017 in Zagreb, Croatia.
- 3-6 July 2017 - Dr Francis Ludlow will give a presentation entitled "Violence and Conflict as a Consequence of Abrupt Climatic Changes and Extreme Weather in Medieval Ireland" as an invited presentation in the session “Medievalists and the Climate Sciences, Part 2: Exploring the Human Consequences of Climate” as part of the 23rd International Medieval Congress, Leeds, England.
- 8-9 March 2017 - Dr. Francis Ludlow will present a paper entitled "Volcanism and Variability: The Volatile Nile as Driver of Revolt and Socioeconomic Stress in Ptolemaic Egypt, 305-30 BCE". This will be an invited presentation as part of 'Climate and Societies in Mediterranean during the Last Two Millennia: Current State of Knowledge and Research Perspectives' at Aix-Marseille Universite, France.
- 24-25 March 2017 - The eighth Space and Settlement in the Middle Ages conference will be held in Trinity Long Room Hub, Trinity College Dublin. This year the conference will consider the changing dynamics of medieval society and settlement through an exploration of changing landscapes. The conference will provide rich discussions on the following themes: Royal landscapes; Food consumption and production; Maritime landscapes; Religious landscapes; and Urban & Rural landscapes. Dr. Mark Gardiner, Queen's University Belfast, will deliver the keynote address "New light on the late medieval houses of rural Ireland" on Friday 24th March 2017. Full programme and registration can be found here.