News and Events
Katja Bruisch and Nikolaus Katzer, eds, Reconciling Failure and Success: Soviet Elites and the Collectivized Village. Special Issue. Jahrbücher für Geschichte Osteuropas 65:3 (2017).
- Manning, J. G., Ludlow, F., Stine, A. R., Boos, W. R., Sigl, M. and Marlon, J. R.: Volcanic suppression of Nile summer flooding triggers revolt and constrains interstate conflict in ancient Egypt, Nat. Commun., 8(1), 900, doi:10.1038/s41467-017-00957-y, 2017.
Poul Holm and NorFish featured in Anthony King's "Casting into the past helps reveal fishing's future"
The next workshop for The North Atlantic Fish Revolution: An Environmental History of the North Atlantic 1400-1700 (NorFish) project will take place from 22-24 of November 2017.
- 4 May 2017 - Prof Poul Holm will present findings of the Norfish project at the early modern social and economic history seminar, Cambridge University, UK.
- 5 May 2017 - Dr Katja Bruisch will give a presentation at the University of Santiago de Compostela's Argicultural History Group.
- 9-13 May 2017 - Dr. Francis Ludlow will co-convene at a session at PAGES 5th Open Science Meeting (OSM), Zaragoza, Spain. Session entitled: "Volcanic eruptions: the thread connecting climate records, societal change and future climate projections?", more info here.
- 5-7 June 2017 - Dr Francis Ludlow will give a presentation entitled "Consilience of Human and Natural Archives to Advance Understanding of how Climate Change Impacted Past Societies" as part of 'Scientific Approaches to the Study of the Past: A Three Day Summer School', University of Kent, U.K.
- 6-9 June 2017- Prof. Poul Holm will be attending the Sea, Land, and Spirit conference in Dingle. More details here.
- 12-15 June 2017- Prof. Poul Holm will be presenting a keynote speech centred on the theme of Palaeoecology at the 3rd ESSAS Open Science Meeting in Tromso, Norway. More details here.
- 22nd June 2017 Dr. Yi-peng (Yvonne) Lai of the National Sun Yat-sen University (Taiwan) will present a lecture on her doctoral research on "Ulysses Green-appraised: Environmental Politics and Joyce" in Trinity Long Room Hub, Neill Theatre at 6pm.
- 28-30 June 2017 - Prof. Poul Holm will participate in a roundtable discussion entitled "Environmental History and the Coastal Edge" at the European Society for Environmental History Biennial Conference 2017 in Zagreb, Croatia. Further details here.
- 28 June - 1st July 2017 - Dr Katja Bruisch will participate on a panel discussion centred on "Wetlands in Northern and Eastern Europe" at the European Society for Environmental History Biennial Conference 2017 in Zagreb, Croatia.
- 3-6 July 2017 - Dr Francis Ludlow will give a presentation entitled "Violence and Conflict as a Consequence of Abrupt Climatic Changes and Extreme Weather in Medieval Ireland" as an invited presentation in the session "Medievalists and the Climate Sciences, Part 2: Exploring the Human Consequences of Climate" as part of the 23rd International Medieval Congress, Leeds, England.