Top 10 Reasons to Study at Trinity
- Trinity is Ireland’s oldest, most prestigious and top ranked university, and the only Irish university in the World Top 100 Universities
- Trinity is situated in the heart of vibrant Dublin City, at the centre of the country’s transport hub, in a beautiful campus which contains a wonderful mix of modern and historic facilities. Trinity has everything from the famous Book of Kells and Long Room Library to a state of the art sports centre, complete with 25 metre pool and 11 metre climbing wall.
- Trinity is recognized as a world leader in many departments, and is a top international centre for research, with award-winning faculty at the forefront of their fields, and five flagship research institutes dedicated to promoting and facilitating innovative research.
- While you are here, you will have access to Trinity’s library collection of over 5 million books, electronic access to over 30,000 journals, access to the Department of Early Printed Books and Special Collections, access by permission to the Manuscripts and Archives Research Library, and free access to the Book of Kells and Long Room Library.
- Visiting students are welcomed as a full member of the academic community and can select courses from an extensive range of subject areas without being restricted to courses in their major. For a complete list of courses available to Visiting Students, click here: https://www.tcd.ie/study/non-eu/study-abroad/to-trinity/ModuleDirectory/
- Trinity is one of the world’s only universities to provide all undergraduate students with a personal tutor – a professor who provides academic, personal and professional guidance.
- Trinity offers situation-based learning with internship opportunities in global companies located in Ireland.
- Trinity is a hub of international student life, with over 17,000 students from 122 countries, 40% of staff from outside of Ireland, and the Global Room, which is a home away from home for international students and provides a space which fosters and encourages greater interaction between International students and the rest of the student body. Bonus: The Global Room features large plasma screens with over 300 international television stations.
- Trinity offers a vibrant student experience, with over 200 college societies and sports clubs, including the Phil and the Hist, which are the oldest and longest running student societies in the world and regularly attract world-famous speakers. Recent speakers have included US Vice President Biden, Former US Secretary of State Madeleine Albright, Amy Poehler, Kevin Hart, Baz Luhrmann, and Steve Coogan, among many others.
- Some of the most famous people in Irish history have been educated here: writers like Oscar Wilde and Samuel Beckett; scientists like William Rowan Hamilton and E.T.S. Walton, who won the Nobel Prize for splitting the atom, as well as two Irish presidents and many industry leaders and entrepreneurs.
Hear first-hand from our Visiting Students by reading our Study Abroad Blog