This is a statement of the practices of Global Relations, Trinity College Dublin, The University of Dublin ("Trinity College" / "the University") of College Green, Dublin 2, Ireland in connection with the processing of personal data and the steps taken by the University to protect personal data and safeguard an individual’s right to privacy.
Trinity College Dublin actively seeks to preserve the privacy rights of those individuals who share information with the University. The personal data which you provide to Trinity College will be processed in accordance with Irish and European Data Protection legislation, specifically the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 ("GDPR") and Data Protection Acts 1988 - 2018.
The privacy statement explains the following:
- How and why we collect and use personal data
- The purpose and legal basis for processing personal data
- How we store and secure personal data?
- Details of third parties with whom we share personal data
- Your rights under data protection law