Art Care Instructions for Students
- If you do not have a nail / hook in the wall for the picture, contact the Accommodation Office to arrange.
- Ensure pictures are hung as soon as possible, do not lean against walls or place on tables or behind furniture as this may result in damage
- Do not hang pictures over machines emitting heat e.g. PCs/photocopiers/microwaves
- Do not hang pictures on a taut wire
- Do not hang in a steamy, humid room or close to the kitchen area of residences
- Do not hang in an overly hot, dry room
- Do not hang over heaters / fires / radiators of any type
- Do not hang in direct sunlight or close proximity to artificial lighting, in particular fluorescent UV lighting
- Do check if the picture cord / wire and hooks can hold the weight of the picture
- Do check over the year that the cord or wire has not worn away
- Do email the Curator if the picture is damaged during your hire period
- All Pictures must remain in the location stated on the signed agreement until return date specified by the Curator
- The deliberate damage to pictures or loss thereof will be considered as a debt to College and treated accordingly
- Random check on pictures will be made throughout the year
For urgent queries regarding your picture contact us.