We've put together some quick answers to common questions below, if you can't find what you're looking for send us an email and we'll get back to you as soon as possible. If your question is urgent give us a call on +353 1 896 2088.

Keep in Touch

How do I update my contact details?

To update your details simply fill in the online form.

How do I join a group, club or network?

Visit our Groups & Networks page to learn more about Regional Branches and Affinity Groups.

What is Front Gate Online?

From 29th February 2016, the Front Gate Online service is no longer available to Trinity and has shut down. For more information on this, visit www.tcd.ie/alumni/front-gate-online.

How do I contact an old class mate?

If we hold current contact details for the person you are looking for, we’re happy to forward an email and contact details on your behalf. All queries should be sent to the Trinity Development & Alumni. Due to data protection we do not give out the contact details of our alumni directly to third parties.


How do I get a readers ticket for the library?

Trinity alumni are entitled to access to the College Library. Graduates who wish to use the Library will need to supply an Irish contact address and complete a form at the admissions counter in the Berkeley Library where they will be issued with a renewable two-year reader’s card. The form is available on the Library's website.

How do I join the e-zine circulation list?

To subscribe click here and fill in the short form, we will then add you to our circulation list. You can choose to unsubscribe at any stage by clicking the 'Unsubscribe' link at the end of any communication you receive from us.

How do I get careers advice?

Visit the dedicated careers website for graduates or find out more on our alumni careers support page.

How can I request a copy of my transcripts or degree certificate?

You can request a copy from the Academic Registry's website.

How can I get a copy of Trinity Today?

If you didn’t get your copy of the latest Trinity Today click to read the online version, or contact the alumni team today. T: +353 1 896 2088 or by email.

How can I study at Trinity?

Visit the College admissions pages to find out more about studying in Trinity.

How can I access Email for Life?

Having trouble accessing your email for life/myzone account? Contact the office T: + 353 1 896 2088 or by email.

Unfortunately we are unable to offer email for life to alumni who graduated prior to 2007 at present. We are currently looking into extending this service to all graduates and hope to have a solution in the future. Register your interest by email.

How can I join the Gym?

The Department of Sport website provides information and rates on the Trinity Sports Centre for alumni. Alternatively you can call them directly T: + 353 1 896 1812 or by email.

How can I find information on former students or family members?

Visit the Trinity College Genealogy website for information on former students of Trinity College, manuscripts and other useful resources.


How do I find out about alumni events?

For more information on upcoming events, dates or to register online visit our Upcoming Events section.

How can I organise a class reunion?

If you would like to organise a class reunion the Trinity Development & Alumni is on hand to help. We are happy to send out a message on your behalf or to pass on your message to your class asking them to get in touch with you directly. Email the office or call us on +353 1 896 2088. 

How can I get married in Trinity?

Application to marry in the University Chapel is considered when at least one partner is a graduate who received a degree from the University of Dublin having completed the course of study in Trinity College within the last twelve years. (The twelve year period is calculated from the completion of the course of studies and not from the date of commencements or graduation).

Application to marry in the chapel must be made by email to the to the Chapel Committee chaplain@tcd.ie or visit www.tcd.ie/Chaplaincy/wedding. At least six months’ notice is required for a marriage in the Chapel.

How do I find out about commencements?

The Academic Registry is responsible for commencement and award ceremonies. They can be contacted on T: + 353 1 896 4500 or by email.

Support Trinity

How can I make a donation?

Donations to the College can be made online by visiting the Make a Gift section on our website. Donations can be made by cash, cheque, credit or debit card, standing order, or direct debit depending on your region. Find out more about the different ways to give back and about tax efficient giving for your region.