Trinity Foundation is the philanthropic office of Trinity College Dublin. Established on 30 March 1994 as an independent charity in the Republic of Ireland, it is a charitable trust within the meaning of Section 207 of the Taxes Consolidation Act 1997. The Foundation was re-branded as Trinity Development & Alumni (TDA) in 2014.
TDA is charged with responsibility for, and exists solely to support, the development (fundraising) and alumni relations activities of the University. We have 45 staff working across various functions – fundraising, alumni relations and development, communications and events, database, finance, and administration.
Our work involves raising philanthropic funds for university priorities, strengthening links with alumni and providing a range of support services to the university, its schools, alumni, students and friends.
We play a vital role in ensuring that the university has the financial resources and other support to remain a leading, internationally recognised university. More can be read about the impact of philanthropy on Trinity in our most recent donor report here.
Trinity is in the second year of the public phase of Inspiring Generations, the College’s first comprehensive philanthropic campaign. The Campaign goals include raising €400 million in donations and 150,000 in volunteer hours from alumni and friends. Further detail on the Campaign can be found here.
Since 1592, Trinity has educated a community of alumni who have shaped our world. Did you know that Trinity has over 130,000 alumni in over 140 countries worldwide? Click here to connect with our international alumni community.