The John Pollard Foundation International Poetry Prize 2020
The John Pollard Foundation International Poetry Prize is for an outstanding debut poetry book collection by a poet, in the English language. The John Pollard Foundation International Poetry Prize is valued at €10,000 and will be adjudicated by a panel of judges nominated by the John Pollard Foundation, and the Trinity Oscar Wilde Centre in the School of English, Trinity College Dublin.
The selection panel will be chaired by the Head of School of English (or nominee) at Trinity College Dublin. The John Pollard Foundation International Poetry Prize will be administered by the Trinity Oscar Wilde Centre in association with the Trinity Long Room Hub.
- The 2020 prize will be awarded to a first book of poetry published originally in the English language between October 1st 2018 and September 30th 2019.
- Only single-authored books are eligible.
- A book shall be defined as having at least 48 pages.
- A publisher may submit one nomination for the prize.
- The winner must be available to accept the prize in person in Trinity College Dublin.
Submission by the publisher may be in photocopy or printed form (proof copies are acceptable) and will consist of four copies of the book and a brief author biography (200 words maximum) to the following address:
Ms Sophia Ní Sheoin, Trinity Oscar Wilde Centre, 21 Westland Row (via Hamilton Building), Trinity College Dublin, Dublin 2, Ireland.
The Deadline for submissions is September 30th 2019. The winner of the award will be announced in April 2020 during Trinity Week.
For any queries please contact: email@example.com