Skip to main content

Trinity College Dublin, The University of Dublin

Trinity Menu Trinity Search

You are here International > International Full-Degree

International Full-Degree

Trinity College Dublin offer a range of services to assist you through your time at university:

Trinity International Students' Handbook

An Introduction to Trinity: The Essential Handbook for International Students is a helpful resource for both new and returning international students at Trinity. The guide contains information on college supports and resources, as well as information on public transport, health insurance, visas and registration with the Garda National Immigration Bureau (GNIB).


Undergraduate Student Orientation will take place in September during Fresher's Week, where students will have the opportunity to learn more about the university, their course, library facilities, computer access, the Sports Centre and Trinity's many Clubs and Societies. Incoming students will receive an orientation information pack from Academic Registry by mail pre-arrival.

The Graduate Students' Union facilitates the Postgraduate Students Orientation during Postgraduate Orientation Week. Postgraduate Orientation includes tours of College, library facilities and Sports Centre tours and social events.


Trinity is an old university and we may use terms, names and acronyms that are unfamiliar to you at first. If you come across a new phrase or name, we recommend that you check the Trinity Jargon Buster.

College Services and Supports

  • Tutors All undergraduate Trinity students are assigned a College Tutor for the duration of their degree. Your Tutor has been assigned to you and provides a confidential support throughout your time in College.

  • College Health Service All full-time registered students are eligible to use the College Health Service throughout the year. The service offers on-campus primary health and psychiatric care.

  • Student Counselling in Trinity offers one-to-one, group and online support. Students can also access academic support through Student Learning and Development and peer support through the Student 2 Student programme.

  • Disability Service offers students support throughout their College experience, from college entrance to graduation to employment. You can find information about the registration process, resources available, information for parents and more on the Disability Service website.

  • Careers Advisory Service can help students to look for part-time work during their student years or to plan ahead for their career. You may attend the service for one-to-one meetings or group workshops. The Careers Advisory Service also has a dedicated International Students Careers Advisor, Marielle Kelly, who can advise on working either in Ireland or outside of Ireland after your studies.

  • The Trinity College Students' Union (SU) and the Graduate Students' Union (GSU) provide support for all students at Trinity. Keep in touch with your students' union for information on their work, upcoming events and student services.

  • The Trinity Students webpage provides a comprehensive list of College services and contact information. You can also customise your Students page to best suit your needs.

  • How to Study: A Guide for International Students Trinity Student Learning and Development have published a new brochure on Trinity's academic culture and expectations. This brochure offers practical advice on how to approach certain academic challenges that international students might experience.

  • The Global Room is an innovative new space for students maintained by the Trinity Global Relations Office. It is used for cultural events and as a social space. The Global Room is staffed by the International Student Liaison Offer and Global Room manager with a team of Student Ambassadors.

  • The School of English Facebook page lists upcoming events and student notices. 'Like' our page for updates on upcoming School news and events.

  • The Alumni and Friends Website provides many ways to keep in touch with the School, College, and your classmates.


Student queries about the international experience in the School of English can be sent to the School Global Officer.