Skip to main content

Trinity College Dublin, The University of Dublin

Trinity Menu Trinity Search

You are here Study Abroad & Exchange > Inbound > How Do I Apply > Study Abroad & Exchange

Study Abroad & Exchange

Application Links

Click Here to Apply for Full Year Study Abroad Click Here to Apply for Michaelmas Term Study Abroad Click Here to Apply for Hilary Term Study Abroad

Eligibility requirements

Students must be currently registered at a university and have completed a minimum of two years study at a high standard. A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.1 or equivalent is generally required for non-EU students. If you have concerns or questions about how your academic standing will impact your application, please email or

English is the language of teaching at Trinity College Dublin. If English is not your first language, you will be asked for proof of English language proficiency. Requirements can be found here: English language proficiency entry requirements. Trinity requires a high standard of proficiency for all of its students. The School of Linguistic, Speech and Communications Sciences runs a programme called English for Academic Purposes for students who wish to increase their proficiency of academic English. More information can be found at

Application Deadlines

Please note that early application is recommended as demand for places is high.

  Autumn Term (Michaelmas Term) and Full Year Spring Term (Hilary and Trinity Terms)
Applications Open January 4 1 August
Applications Close 1 June 15 October

Application Instructions

In order to apply for admission, click on the link at the top of this page and complete and submit an online application. An official university transcript, letter of recommendation, and academic statement are required in addition to the application. There is no fee to submit an application.

For tips and tricks on completing the application, view our Study Abroad Application Guide.


Fees for Study Abroad students can be found on the Academic Registry website. Study Abroad students can find fees listed on the Undergraduate Non-EU Student Fees PDF under the Visiting/Erasmus (Undergraduate) section.


Trinity College Dublin offers the following scholarships to Visiting Non-EU Study Abroad students. Click on each scholarship to view information about application and eligibility:


Please note that if you are studying abroad through a programme provider (see Ways to Come to Trinity for more information), your application to Trinity will be submitted to the provider directly, not through Trinity’s online system.

Providers include: