Study Abroad & Exchange
Students must be currently registered at a university and have completed a minimum of two years study at a high standard. A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.1 or equivalent is generally required for non-EU students. If you have concerns or questions about how your academic standing will impact your application, please email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
English is the language of teaching at Trinity College Dublin. If English is not your first language, you will be asked for proof of English language proficiency. Requirements can be found here: English language proficiency entry requirements. Trinity requires a high standard of proficiency for all of its students. The School of Linguistic, Speech and Communications Sciences runs a programme called English for Academic Purposes for students who wish to increase their proficiency of academic English. More information can be found at www.tcd.ie/slscs/english/.
Please note that early application is recommended as demand for places is high.
|Autumn Term (Michaelmas Term) and Full Year||Spring Term (Hilary and Trinity Terms)|
|Applications Open||January 4||1 August|
|Applications Close||1 June||15 October|
In order to apply for admission, click on the link at the top of this page and complete and submit an online application. An official university transcript, letter of recommendation, and academic statement are required in addition to the application. There is no fee to submit an application.
For tips and tricks on completing the application, view our Study Abroad Application Guide.
Fees for Study Abroad students can be found on the Academic Registry website. Study Abroad students can find fees listed on the Undergraduate Non-EU Student Fees PDF under the Visiting/Erasmus (Undergraduate) section.
Trinity College Dublin offers the following scholarships to Visiting Non-EU Study Abroad students. Click on each scholarship to view information about application and eligibility:
- Trinity College Dublin STEM Study Abroad Scholarship
- Global Study Abroad Excellence Scholarships
- Go Overseas Scholarships
- Trinity College Dublin Generation Study Abroad Travel Grant
Please note that if you are studying abroad through a programme provider (see Ways to Come to Trinity for more information), your application to Trinity will be submitted to the provider directly, not through Trinity’s online system.
- Academic Programs International: www.apistudyabroad.com
- Arcadia University, The College of Global Studies: www.arcadia.edu/
- Council on International Educational Exchange (CIEE): https://www.ciee.org/go-abroad/college-study-abroad/programs/ireland/dublin/arts-sciences-trinity-college-dublin
- Foundation for International Education: www.fie.org.uk/
- IES Abroad: www.iesabroad.org/
- Institute for Study Abroad, Butler University: www.ifsa-butler.org
- International Studies Abroad: studiesabroad.com