Study Abroad Excellence Scholarship
The Trinity College Dublin Study Abroad Excellence Scholarship is awarded to a semester or full year undergraduate study abroad student who demonstrates academic excellence in their area of study and conveys how study abroad at Trinity will aid them in achieving their academic and personal goals.
To qualify for the scholarship, students must:
· Apply to Trinity as an undergraduate study abroad student, i.e. apply to join Trinity for a single semester or year for transfer credit from their home university in a non-EU country.
· Applicants must apply for admission to study abroad at Trinity via the link here. Please note that Scholarship students must meet all minimum entry requirements, including the minimum GPA of 3.3.
· Submit a complete scholarship application, per guidelines below, by the relevant deadline.
· Please note: Students coming to Trinity via a student exchange agreement are not eligible to apply. If you have questions about your fee status, contact your home university’s study abroad office to clarify..
How to apply
Students must submit an email with the below details to email@example.com by the deadline, with the email subject line of ‘Global Study Abroad Excellence Scholarship’.
i) A personal statement of 750 words. This must address the following:
· How studying abroad at Trinity will support your academic and personal goals
· How the scholarship would help you to make the most of your experience abroad
ii) A transcript
iii) Students must also include their name, home institution, area of study, study abroad provider (if applicable), and confirm that they are not coming to Trinity via exchange.
Applications which include personal statements of more than 750 words or incomplete applications will not be considered.
Criteria for selection
Students will be selected based on their academic performance to date at their home university. Performance in their major and minor subjects will be particularly relevant to their application, as will be the student’s personal statement.
Terms and Conditions of Scholarship
Awardees will need to be enrolled in at least 25 ECTS at Trinity on arrival. They will need to open an Irish bank account in order to receive the scholarship and will be required to fill out a release form in order for the scholarship to be transferred. The form stipulates that the scholarship should be used towards tuition, room, board or travel expenses.
Please note: Scholarships are awarded to students roughly midway through the term.
Awardees will be required to submit a one-page statement at the end of term describing their experience abroad, including how the scholarship benefited their time at Trinity. The statement may be used for Trinity’s World of Trinity student blog, and/or testimonials and marketing materials.
April 15 for Michaelmas Term and Academic Year Study Abroad, and October 15 for Hilary Term Study Abroad.