Government of Ireland Scholarship 2021
Government of Ireland International Scholarships are awarded to high calibre students from non-EEA countries to study in Ireland for a period of one year. The relevant terms and conditions attached to the Scholarships include:
- The HEA will award a scholarship fund to the student (through the HEI that the student is attending) amounting to €10,000 for one study year. This fund is directed at supporting student costs and living expenses. The scholarship may be for:
- Final year of an undergraduate programmes;
- one year of a taught master degree programme or;
- one year of a research programme (i.e. one year of a 2-year research masters or a 3-4 year PhD programme).
- Trinity would provide a full tuition fee waiver to successful students for the specified scholarship year (i.e. tuition fee and registration charge are waived).
- It is expected that a total of 60 scholarships will be funded by the Government of Ireland International Education Scholarships for the academic year 2021/22 across all participating Irish Higher Education Institutions.
- Successful Scholars are to commence studies in September 2021. Late enrolments will only be considered in relation to PhD awardees.
The Application Process
Applicants are required to be in possession of a conditional or final offer for admission to Trinity at the time of application for the scholarship and will be required to submit a copy of the same.
Applications should be submitted by the individual student applicants and not by host Institutions.
The application should be submitted via this portal.
Any questions regarding the call for applications should be submitted to email@example.com no later than 26 March 2021. An FAQ document can be found here. This is an external scholarship, the School of Law cannot advise on application processes and outcomes.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 5pm Irish time on Friday 27 March 2021.
Late applications will not be accepted.
Further information on the evaluation criteria and assessment process can be found here.