Please find information below for:
Library Access (Readers Card)
- Alumni can apply for a Reader’s Card, allowing access to the Trinity Library for reading, studying and research etc. The card is valid for five years.
- As part of this arrangement, graduate readers can access an extensive collection of e-journals and databases using designated computers within the library. However, remote access is not available (under publisher/provider license agreements), and unfortunately, borrowing is also not permitted.
- To apply for a Reader’s Card, please complete the online form on the library's website.
- The Reader’s Card is processed in approximately one week, and you will receive an email once the card is ready for collection.
- You may collect your card at the Alumni Office, based in East Chapel on Front Square. Directions to the office can be found on this webpage.
- If your Readers Card is out of date, you can apply for a new Readers Card here.
Old Library & Book of Kells
- Alumni and two guests have free admission to the Old Library and Book of Kells with their Alumni Card.
- The Alumni Card is available from the Alumni Office. There are several ways you can request and receive your Alumni Card:
- In person - call into the Alumni Office and we can prepare your card straight away. The Alumni Office is based in East Chapel and directions to the office can be found on our webpage.
- Email - please email the office at email@example.com requesting an Alumni Card and we will send you on the details we require to process the card.
- Phone - please call the office on 01 896 2088 and we can process the details over the phone for you.
- If you are unable to collect the card in person, we can of course post it out to you.
- If you would like to visit the Book of Kells before your Alumni Card arrives, we can write a confirmation email for you (confirming you are a graduate of the college) which you can forward with your email to firstname.lastname@example.org to pre-book your ticket.
Alumni - How to Book Tickets for the Book of Kells
- Everyone (including alumni), must book tickets to the Book of Kells in advance; walk-ins on the day are not available at the present time.
- To book tickets in advance, we ask that you email the Book of Kells directly via the following email address email@example.com and provide:
- Desired date for your visit
- Desired time for your visit
- Student number (if unknown, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get your ID number)
- How many people will be attending?
- We advise alumni to email the Book of Kells at least 3 days before your planned visit, where possible.
- The Book of Kells staff will do their best to accommodate your request, but tickets are subject to availability.
- Once your booking has been confirmed you will receive an email with your tickets attached; this can either be printed off or downloaded to your phone so that you can use the QR code option. Please note you will also need to have your Alumni Card or the confirmation email from us (see above) along with your ticket for entry on the day.