All of the libraries are open and, in keeping with the Provost’s ‘Return to Campus’ guidelines and public health advice, face coverings and 2 metre social distancing are mandatory. Pre-booking is required to enter. Each individual booking is limited to 1 hour 45 minutes – consecutive bookings are now possible.
We have introduced extended opening hours to include evening and Saturday openings in the Berkeley, Lecky, Ussher and Hamilton Libraries as well as Saturday opening in the John Stearne Medical Library.
- Berkeley/Lecky/Ussher Libraries Monday-Friday 09.00-22:00; Saturdays 9.30-13.00
(the Ussher closes at 12 noon on Saturday to prepare Kinsella Hall for weekend study)
- Kinsella Hall Saturdays 13:00-22:00; Sundays 08:00-22:00
- Hamilton Library Monday-Friday 09.00-22:00; Saturdays 9.30-13.00
- John Stearne Medical Library Monday-Friday 09.30-16.00; Saturdays 09:30-13:00
- Research Collections Monday-Saturday, by appointment
- 1937 Postgraduate Reading Room Monday-Sunday 08.00-22.00
Food on campus
The Pav and indoor dining are open on campus. For the Buttery, Old Dining Hall, the Forum Restaurant in Trinity Business School and The 1592 Restaurant, as per Government guidelines, proof of vaccination and photo ID are necessary for indoor dining. The Perch and Aras an Phiarsaigh coffee dock are open for take away service with no proof of vaccination necessary. This will be reviewed after 22 October in line with Government advice at that time.
- The Buttery - 7.30am to 4.00pm Monday to Thursday, 7.30am to 3.00pm on Fridays
- Old Dining Hall - 12.00pm to 3.00pm Monday to Friday
- Forum Restaurant – 8.00am to 6.00pm Monday and Tuesday, 8.00am to 4.00pm Wednesday and Thursday, 8.00am to 3.00pm on Friday
- The 1592 Restaurant (staff only) - 12.00-3.00pm Monday to Friday
- The Perch - 8.00am to 7.00pm Monday to Thursday, 8.00am to 6.00pm on Friday
- Aras an Phiarsaigh - 8.00am to 4.00pm Monday to Thursday, 8.30am to 3.00pm on Friday
- Trinity Café in Old Stone Building St James’s Hospital – 8.00am to 4.00pm Monday to Thursday, 8.00am to 3.00pm Friday – currently take away only
- Trinity café in Tallaght Hospital – re-opening date to be confirmed
There is a new order and collect app, simply download the Cordero app and select “Trinity” and you can order and pay for your meals and simply pick them up from either the Buttery or the Forum Restaurant at a designated collection point. A 20% discount is offered when you purchase on the Cordero app!
UniCoV project – safeguarding our campuses
Students and staff are invited to participate in the UniCoV project. This pilot surveillance study assists in the detection of increased levels of COVID-19 across higher education institutes with the aim of facilitating the safe and sustainable re-opening of campuses. Please see more information here
On-campus COVID-19 testing centre
Our HSE testing centre beside the College Health Service is open for students and staff who develop symptoms or who are identified as close contacts of confirmed cases. Please ring the College Health Centre at 01-896 1556 if you need to arrange a test. Students may also book post arrival PCR tests if needed to reduce your quarantine period.
The Trinity Sport centre opening hours are:
- Monday - Friday: 7am - 2.30pm and 3:15pm – 09:30pm
- Saturday and Sunday: 10am - 5.30pm For more information on the activities available and how to book, please see here
Each week, more events are being planned in person, but we still have a range of online events that can be a convenient way to reconnect. You are welcome to join events ranging from mindfulness meditation every Wednesday to live in-person theatre at The Lir to Irish conversation circles. There are book clubs, information sessions from the Library and IT services, as well as Career Fairs and much more.
Check out the calendar at www.tcd.ie/news_events/events and feel free to put up your own events as well, whether you are a student or staff member. Email Katie Byrne if you have any questions about the calendar.