Trinity Sport Updates regarding Covid-19
Here you can find all updates from Trinity Sport regarding Covid-19:
Online Booking Declaration
When booking any Trinity Sport facilities online you agree that you:
- have not been diagnosed or experienced symptoms of COVID-19 in the last 14 days
- are not a close contact of a person who is a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days
- have not been asked to self-isolate or restrict your movement in the last 14 days.
- will adhere to all COVID-19 related measures adopted by Trinity Sport including maintenance of the two-metre physical distancing at all times whilst attending Trinity Sport activities or accessing facilities
If you do not meet the above criteria, unfortunately, Trinity Sport cannot facilitate your booking, with the safety of all in mind.
Covid-19 Customer Information
Customer JourneyTrinity Sport Customer
Trinity Sport Centre Opening Hours
Tuesday, Thursday 14.00 - 21:30
Saturday and Sunday 10.00 - 17.30
Customer JourneyTrinity Sport Clubs 5-a-side customer External customer
Santry Sports Grounds Opening HoursMonday - Thursday 15:30 - 22:00
Saturday and Sunday - As required depending on bookings
Customer JourneyExternal customer Trinity Sport Clubs
Walk through Tour
Iveagh Grounds Opening HoursMonday and Wednesday 18:00 - 22:00
Tuesday and Thursday 14:00 - 22:00
Saturday and Sunday - As required depending on bookings
Customer JourneyTrinity Sport Clubs
Trinity Sport Phased Re-Opening Statement
We hope you’re keeping safe and well,
Thank you for your continued support and patience as we adjust to the Covid-19 pandemic. While Dublin remains at Level 3 of the Living with COVID-19 plan, Trinity students and members are asked to note the following: .
• Individuals can continue to exercise and train in all Trinity Sport’s facilities including Trinity Sport Centre, Santry Sports Grounds, Iveagh Sports Grounds and Islandbridge Boathouse. All group fitness classes will be available online via the Trinity Sport app.
• Groups of up to 15 can exercise, train and play recreational activities outdoors providing there is no contact. For example, clubs or groups of students can get together outdoors to do activities such as bootcamp, hiking, canoeing, running, fitness trail, soccer, etc providing no more than 15 people are involved and they have no physical contact.
• Exemptions: The following Trinity teams, who compete at high levels in their sport, have been granted Government exemption from level 3 restrictions and can train and compete with appropriate Covid-19 protocols in place. Fixtures that are scheduled to take place on and off campus will go ahead but without spectators.
Trinity Meteors - Women's Basketball Team
Men's 1st Rugby team
Men's 1st and Women's 1st Hockey teams
Women’s 1st Volleyball team
• Trinity Clubs are not permitted to hold any other congregations on or off campus and must not, so long as Level 3 continues, congregate before or after training sessions or competitive fixtures.
A number of restrictions will apply during our initial reopening phase of the Trinity Sport Centre. We will ease these restrictions as it is safe and permissible to do so and hope to return to normal operations within a short period. We will continue to comply with all government guidelines as part of that process.
1. Online Booking System:
We have decided to operate an online booking system during our initial reopening phase to help us control the number of members and staff at Trinity Sport Centre at any one time.
Online booking will be available from Tuesday, 11th August, you can book 1 x 1 hour 'Gym Slot' per day. Gym Slots and fitness classes can be booked 24 hours in advance, gym slots will be 60 minutes with a 15-minute gap to facilitate cleaning. You will not be able to enter Trinity Sport Centre without a booking and your Membership Access Card. Please do not attend the gym if you are feeling unwell or have a high temperature.
For more information and to register for our online booking system please click here.
2. Trinity Sport pool and sauna facilities:
The Trinity Sport Centre pool and sauna facilities will not be available from August 12th during the initial reopening phase. As we increase our capacity and opening hours, we are planning to reopen all facilities pending any outstanding service or maintenance works.
3. Entrance to Trinity Sport Centre via Westland Row:
Trinity Sport Members and staff must enter Trinity Sport Centre via the Westland Row gate while adhering to the two-meter social distancing markings and following the directional arrows to enter the building.
4. Reduced opening hours:
The Trinity Sport centre will be reopening on August 12th with reduced opening hours, the opening hours are as follows:
Monday, Wednesday and Friday: 7am - 2.30pm
Tuesday and Thursday: 2 - 9.30pm
Saturday and Sunday: 10am - 5.30pm
5. Changing Rooms:
Our changing rooms and showering facilities will be temporarily closed. For now, we are asking members to arrive prepared for your workout, wearing your gym clothes with a towel and water. We also ask that you leave immediately after your workout.
6. Fitness classes and CrossFit:
While Dublin remains at Level 3 of the Living with COVID-19 plan, only individual training can take place in the Sport Centre. All group fitness classes will be available online via the Trinity Sport app. The team at Trinity Sport are working hard to launch a new digital fitness platform which will be available to members soon. Online personal training is available from Trinity Sport, to get a consultation with our expert fitness trainer Jamie Headon please click here.
7. Face coverings:
Face coverings are now mandatory for all internal public spaces on Trinity College Dublin campus including the Trinity Sport Centre with the exception of when you are exercising. Please comply with this requirement in order to reduce the spread of Covid-19.
Other health and safety measures to protect you:
COVID-19 Compliance Training
All Trinity Sport staff have been fully trained in COVID-19 compliance to provide you with a safe and welcome return to the gym and to monitor day-to-day activities. Our staff will ensure that everyone adheres to social distancing guidelines and all other safe health guidelines.
Trinity Sport Centre will close for 15 minutes between each hourly gym slot so that we can clean and sanitise all gym equipment. Trinity Sport Centre will also be deep cleaned during closure periods. Cleaning includes all surfaces and touch points.
Entering and exiting
A one-way system will operate for entering and exiting the gym. Social distancing markers will also be in place where queuing is required.
Customer sanitisation stations will be in place at the gym entrance and throughout Trinity Sport Centre, enabling you to regularly sanitise your hands. Anti-bacterial sprays will also be located around the gym and we are asking you to clean down equipment before and after use.
Our gym layout and access to gym equipment has been redesigned to meet all social distancing guidelines.
Your membership will reactivate from Wednesday, 13th August.
Monthly paying members: Your monthly membership payments will continue to be suspended until 1st September 2020 and will only automatically restart after you have received full credit for the unused value of your last payment to us. For members paying via a direct debit or a staff salary deduction, any adjustment to these monthly membership subscriptions needs to be communicated to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10pm on Sunday, August 16th.
Prepaying members: All members who prepaid their current membership, will have their membership extended accordingly.
FAQ's and customer journey informationMore information and answers to FAQs and customer journey information can be found above. You can also contact our team at any time via email at: email@example.com.
We very much look forward to seeing you back in our sporting facilities again,
Yours in health and fitness,