Trinity Centre for Gender Equality and Leadership
The Trinity Centre for Gender Equality and Leadership (TCGEL) was established in 2017 to deliver the University's strategic objectives to advance gender equality. Recognising the work done by WiSER (Centre for Women in Science and Engineering Research, TCD) to recruit, retain, return and advance women in academic science, engineering and technology, its remit has been extended to all disciplines and support areas across the university through TCGEL. The new Centre seeks to deliver sustainable structural and cultural change, and a working environment which exemplifies good practice and equality throughout, building on the success of the Athena SWAN Bronze Institutional Award.
TCGEL will focus on supporting support the University in delivering its strategic objectives to:
- Develop and implement exemplary gender equality practices;
- Advance a structural change process to incorporate gender-balanced representation at all stages and levels;
- Act as a national leader in driving the Athena SWAN Charter in Ireland;
- Pursue institutional, School and unit level Athena SWAN Awards across all faculties/disciplines;
- Contribute to the development of international and national good practice, expertise and research on gender equality.