TCD Open Day 2012
The Trinity College Open Day for students starting College in 2013 will take place on Saturday 1 December 2012 from 9.00 - 3.30. Second-level students, mature students, and parents/guardians are invited to attend.
The Event Guide is now available to download!
Academic staff and current students from all courses look forward to meeting you and to discussing your course options at the many course specific stands. Staff from the Admissions Office, Accommodation Office, Disability Office, Trinity Access Programmes, Sports Clubs, Student Societies, and the Mature Students Officer will also be available to discuss admissions queries and all apects of student life at Trinity College.
There will be over 100 presentations and mini-lectures per day covering:
- Trinity's undergraduate courses,
- Information on how to complete the Trinity College Supplementary Application Form for Mature Students,
- Student Sports, Societies and the Students' Union,
- The Trinity Access Programmes,
- Accommodation at Trinity Hall,
- A presentation specifically for parents/guardians.
We will also offer Campus Tours, Sports Tours, Library Tours, Clinical Skills Sessions, and Interactive Research Demonstrations.
Making the most of the Open Days:
- Read the prospectus or the courses website and know which courses most interest you
- Prepare a list of questions to ask at the information stands
- Plan out your day, know where and when the talks that you wish to attend are on (note that many presentations are repeated).
Getting to Trinity
The College does not have facilities to accommodate school minibuses or coaches on campus. However, Trinity's location at the very centre of Dublin means it is well serviced by public transport.
- Dublin Bus: Many Dublin Bus routes pass close to the Front Arch of Trinity College (see www.dublinbus.ie).
- National Buses: Busarus, the central stop for national buses, is approximately 10 minutes walk from Trinity College (see www.buseireann.ie).
- DART: The Pearse Street station is very close to the pedestrian entrance on Pearse Street (see www.irishrail.ie).
- National Rail (see www.irishrail.ie):
- Connolly Station is approximately 15 minutes walk from Trinity College.
- Heuston Station is a approximately 20 minutes walk or a short bus journey from Trinity College.
We look forward to meeting you at Open Day!