Application for admission (except where otherwise stated) should be made to the Central Applications Office. Applications may be submitted online: www.cao.ie
- Normal application deadline: 1 February
- Late application deadline: 1 May
- Change of mind deadline: 1 July
Note that applications to Medicine, to restricted entry courses, and by mature students must be made by 1 February. Applications to Medicine must be submitted online.
Application deadline details
- 20 January
- Closing date for registration for the HPAT-Ireland test for entry to Medicine.
- Final date for CAO online discounted application fee.
- 1 February
- Normal closing date for CAO.
- Applications to restricted entry courses and applications from mature students must be made to the CAO by this date.
- Closing date for submission of mature-students supplementary application forms (for all full-time courses except Nursing or Midwifery).
- DARE and HEAR applicants must have applied to CAO.
- Applications from non-EU students wishing to pursue a full degree should be submitted to the Admissions Office, Trinity College, Dublin 2, Ireland.
- Date of HPAT-Ireland test for entry to Medicine.
- Closing date for applications to sit the University matriculation examination.
- DARE applicants must have disclosed their disabilities and/or specific learning difficulties in their CAO applications, and fully and correctly complete Section A of the Supplementary Information Form.
- HEAR applicants must have applied to HEAR and finalised all elements of their HEAR online application.
- Applications from EU and non-EU students wishing to study as a visiting student for up to one academic year should be submitted online.
- Provisional date for Music and Music education entrance examination.
- DARE applicants must have completed and returned sections B and C of the Supplementary Information Form.
- HEAR applicants must have submitted relevant evidence in support of their application to CAO.
- Late Closing Date for CAO (Note: Late applications to restricted entry courses, and late applications from mature students will not be considered).
- 31 May
- Closing date for receipt of applications for the Reid Entrance Exhibition.
- 1 July
- Closing date for submission of a 'Change of Mind' (i.e. changes to the order of preference of the courses on your application) to CAO.
All enquiries from EU applicants concerning undergraduate admission should be addressed to:
The Admissions Office, Trinity College, Dublin 2
Tel: + 353 1 896 4500
Fax: + 353 1 872 2853