HADDAD FELLOWSHIP 2021-2022 for Brazilian Postgraduate Applicants
Registration period: 1 January to 1 May 2021
M.F.A and M.Phil programmes at Trinity College Dublin, the University of Dublin, Ireland
- Playwriting (School of Creative Arts) (M.F.A.)
- Stage Design (School of Creative Arts) (M.F.A.)
- Theatre Directing (School of Creative Arts) (M.F.A.)
- Theatre and Performance (School of Creative Arts) (M.Phil.)
- Comparative Literature (School of Languages) (M.Phil.)
- Creative Writing (School of English) (M.Phil.)
The Fellowship will cover one year worth of international tuition fee (September 2021-2022), accommodation, travel costs and living expenses for a total value of €35,000.
The Selection Process
An examining board designated will announce on 20th June 2021 the winners of the HADDAD FELLOWSHIP scholarship according to their academic merit and proof that the candidates have a firm offer by Trinity College Dublin.
The scholarship will be assessed based on academic achievement, and evaluation of the applicants’ potential to contribute to the overall Trinity community.
All academic work (written or oral presentations) produced as a result of this scholarship at Trinity should acknowledge the HADDAD Fellowship.
The selected candidate should present a short report when completed the first six months and the results of the final dissertation or an alternative programme completion requirement at his/her return to Brazil. Once graduated, the researcher should participate in the HADDAD Fellowship events presenting the results of his/her work at TCD and collaborate to maintain and improve the Haddad fellowship programme. The aim of the Fellowship is to develop studies, research and activities related to the chosen areas of specialization in Brazil. It is expected the full engagement of the selected candidate at the end of the programme for that matter.
Venue for handing in documents
Send documents electronically to:
Trinity College Dublin International Office at ISADEPT@tcd.ie
Subject Line must read: HADDAD Fellowship + Full Name + Student Application Number
General enrolment requirements
At the time of registration, the student must have finished their undergraduate degree, be regularly enrolled in a post graduate course or, in the case of professional programmes show her/his working experience in the area of choice.
The student must have an average higher than 7 for undergraduates or an A or B for post-graduates or, for professional-oriented programmes, show tangible work done related to the area.The student must not be taking part in an exchange programme.
The student should include their Trinity application number on their application. They are welcome to apply before they have received an offer of admission, however they will only be eligible to receive the scholarship if the receive an offer of admission from Trinity.
- Letter of interest in English stating why the student chose the programme, their academic interests and how his/her research project (abstract of the proposal) or the ongoing study programme will benefit (maximum 3 pages or 1500 words);
- A recent academic paper written in English (maximum 7 pages or 3000 words) or, in the case of professional programmes, a detailed report on the activities which she/he had led or participated in;
- English proficiency certificate. Trinity accepts the following proficiency exams if they had been taken within two years of the date of the application:
- IELTS: Grade 6.5 (No section less than 6.0)
- TOEFL: 88 - iBT, 230 - Computer based, 570 - paper based
- University of Cambridge: 180+ on Cambridge English scale with no less than 175 in each skill and use of English i.e.
- Proficiency Certificate, Grade C or better (CEFR Level C1 or C2) Advanced Certificate, Grade C or better (CEFR Level C1 or C2) First Certificate, Grade A (CEFR Level C1)
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) - PTE Academic: a minimum score of 63 (with no section score below 59)
- A copy of the student’s passport which must be valid at least until the end of the exchange programme.