How does it work and how do I apply?
How Does it Work?
- Students apply to the Trinity International Foundation Programme
- Accepted students to the Trinity International Foundation Programme are also given a conditional offer to study as an undergraduate at Trinity College Dublin, the University of Dublin, the following academic year
- During the Foundation year students study English language; Mathematics; critical thinking; communication skills; as well as subject-specific courses in their chosen stream
- Students who successfully complete the Trinity International Foundation Programme and achieve the required grades are guaranteed entry into their chosen degree stream the following academic year
- Medicine and dentistry students are required to pass an interview and achieve the required grades to progress to their chosen degree.
How to Apply
Once you are ready to make your application, please email the following information to IFP@tcd.ie
- Your full name and date of birth
- Your transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency (typically IELTS or TOEFL scores)
- A copy of your passport
- Name of your current school
- Your country of residence
- The degree you wish to progress to after the IFP, (please see here for a full list of degree options.)
The application deadline for the International Foundation Programme is 21st August (except for Medicine which has a 28th February deadline). Late applications may be considered on a case by case basis.
Applicants for Medicine will be called for interview in March 2021.
The only way to submit your application is to send the above required information via email to IFP@tcd.ie