Inspiring Ideas Webinars
Trinity Development & Alumni host fortnightly webinars with some of Ireland’s leading experts, who discuss the latest developments in science, technology, business, art, medicine, mental well-being and a wide range of other topics. Our Inspiring Ideas @Trinity webinar series is finished for summer 2021 but we will be returning with a new series of webinars in Autumn 2021.
Subscribe to our YouTube channel to avoid missing future webinars.
Young People, Risk, Resilience and Mental Health during the COVID-19 Pandemic.
Professor Michael Gill (Professor of Psychiatry and Head of the School of Medicine) led the discussion with Professor Louise Gallagher (Chair of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry at Trinity College Dublin) and Professor Brendan Kelly (Professor at Trinity College Dublin, Author and Consultant Psychiatrist at Tallaght University Hospital).
Click below to subscribe to future Inspiring Ideas @ Trinity webinars:
More 2021 Webinars:
The Future of Libraries. Live streamed 24 March 2021
Helen Shenton, Librarian & College Archivist at Trinity College Dublin, in conversation with Roly Keating, Chief Executive of the British Library about the rapidly evolving nature and future of libraries. Watch it here.
Equality Diversity, and Inclusion. Live streamed 10 March 2021.
In this webinar, the former President of Trinity Women Graduates (TWG), Dr Meadhbh Hand, facilitated a discussion with Dr Clodagh Brook, the Trinity Associate Vice Provost for Equality, Diversity & Inclusion and Dr Vivan Rath, an appointee to the National Disability Stakeholders Group, National Disability Inclusion Strategy Group and the Irish Human Rights & Equality Commission Disability Advisory Committee. Our speakers cover recent developments in these areas, identify some of the challenges overcome and lessons learned in making Trinity a more welcoming and diverse institution, and offer tips and ideas on best practice. Watch it here.
Climate Change - A Multi-Disciplinary Challenge. Live streamed 24 February 2021.
- Trinity's Dean of the Faculty of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics Prof. Sylvia Draper
- Prof. Laurence Gill (Environmental Engineering)
- Prof. Jennifer Mc Elwain (Chair of Botany)
COVID-19 Crisis: Frontline Challenges, Strategies and Vaccination Hopes. Live streamed 27 January 2021.
- Professor Michael Gill, Head of the School of Medicine, Trinity College Dublin
- Professor Clíona Ní Cheallaigh, Clinical Lead, Inclusion Health Service at St. James's Hospital
- Professor Colm Bergin Consultant Physician in Infectious Diseases, St James's Hospital
European Cities Beyond COVID-19. Live streamed 10 February 2021.
- Alan Duffy, CEO & Head of Banking, HSBC Ireland and former President of the Trinity Business Alumni (TBA)
- Professor Greg Clark, Global Head of Future Cities & New Industries for HSBC
- Dr. Martin Sokol, from Trinity College's Department of Geography
Reinventing Media During COVID-19. Streamed live 25 November 2020.
The Impact of COVID-19 on Migrants, Refugees and Asylum Seekers. Streamed live 11 November 2020.
- Daniel Faas: Associate Professor in Sociology at Trinity College Dublin
- Ahmed Mushfiq Mobarak: Professor of Economics at Yale University
- Marina Fernandez-Reino: Senior Researcher at the Migration Observatory
- Bulelani Mfaco: Spokesperson for (MASI) Movement of Asylum Seekers in Ireland
- Binod Khadria: Distinguished Professor, SGT University / Former Professor, Jawaharlal Nehru University, India