- New Visiting Research Fellows
The Trinity Long Room Hub is delighted to welcome five new Visiting Research Fellows this term.
- Trinity College Library now holds the largest collection of Beckett letters of any research library in the world
Trinity College Library has just purchased the most extensive collection of Samuel Beckett letters (347 in number) ever to have been offered for public sale.
- Scribe2Scribe Exhibition
'Scribe2Scribe' by artist Mags Harnett explores an imagined dialogue between two scribes who are writing the Book of Kells. It will be based in the Trinity Long Room Hub from 19 September to 30 November 2014.
- Critical Thinking in English Academic Writing
A lecture by Dr Jim McKinley (Sophia University, Japan) organised by the School of Linguistic, Speech and Communication Sciences where Dr McKinley is currently a Visiting Research Fellow.
- ‘It’s up to you now to fight for your own country’: the recruitment of Ireland’s Great War veterans into the Irish Republican Army and the Royal Irish Constabulary, 1919-21
A lecture by Dr Steven O’Connor (TCD) as part of the Centre for Contemporary Irish History Seminar Series 2014-15.
- The use of LiDAR data to study landscapes of the past: LiDAR data: Hands-on experience with WWI Italian Front
Seminar by Dr Benjamin Štular who is a Transnational Access fellow, funded by the CENDARI project visiting from the Slovenian Academy of Sciences and Arts. Places are limited, so book early!