Trinity students and staff - if you'd like to get involved with International Women's Week, you are most welcome to hold an event and/or volunteer
This page will be updated in respect of International Women's Week 2019 at a later date.
Hold an Event
Local events are the heart of the International Women's Week festivities. Here's some advice if you are considering holding your own event:
- You may submit an event to the IWW schedule as an individual or as part of a group / department / society (etc.) Students should contact Áine at email@example.com and staff should contact Aoife at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Scheduled events can take a wide variety of forms, and relate to a wide variety of themes, so long as they are compliant with college policy and they support the core aim of International Women's Week which is to promote women's rights and gender equality
- Please note that funding and organising the event are the responsibility of the event organiser(s), not the Equality Office or Students' Union
- Events should be as accessible as possible – please use the Event Checker at https://www.tcd.ie/disability/physical-access/event.php
- You must also follow the Junior Dean's checklist for event permissions
- Staff should please provide a short blurb about your event containing its title, time, venue, and organiser contact details to Aoife at email@example.com for inclusion on the Equality website. You can also provide one image, such as the event poster
- You are also encouraged to publicise your event independently. Please tag the Equality Office on Facebook (Trinity Equality) and/or Twitter (@TCDEquality); or the Students' Union on Facebook (TCDSU) or Twitter (@tcdsu); in any publicity material you would like shared out. Hashtags for the week are #IWW2018 and #PressForProgress
- An International Women's Week pop-up banner sign is available for loan to individual events, on a first-come, first-served basis. Please contact Aoife at firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve.
We are currently looking for volunteers for International Women's Week 2018. If you are a Trinity student or staff member and would like to be one of our volunteers, please join the volunteers Facebook group where you will find full details of volunteering opportunities. Volunteers will generally be asked to help with essential practical tasks such as preparing venues, ushering and spreading publicity, as well as manning the International Women's Week information stands in the Arts and Hamilton Buildings.
The week couldn't happen without volunteers and any help you can offer is much appreciated!