Innovative organisations commit to purpose and direction. They intentionally plan for innovation, aspiring to a vision and associated innovation strategy that defines the key success metrics. By establishing and allocating innovation-focused performance targets, organisations can ensure innovation remains a part of their business strategy. With this in mind, a more diverse growth model is supported; a model that considers not just the near-term delivery of well-established dependable efforts but also derives value from the more ambitious initiatives tied to incremental and breakthrough innovation.
This masterclass will deliver a practical and detailed analysis of what is required to design and plan an innovation strategy. It will introduce the concept of innovation initiatives and explore how innovation modelling can provide a framework to manage them. It will present an overview of the most effective methods for adopting innovation and provide the practical knowledge that will enable you to develop innovation strategies for your organisation.
The Masterclass is offered in two formats:
- Taster Session
The Taster Session and the Masterclass are designed and delivered independently.
The Taster Session is designed to introduce you to the key stages of Innovation Planning. It provides a unique opportunity to sample the material, ask questions and meet those involved in developing and delivering the Masterclass.
The Masterclass provides a comprehensive understanding of Innovation Planning and allows participants to start the development of their Innovation Strategy.
Completion of the Taster Session is not a pre-requisite for Masterclass participation.
What topics will be covered?
Taster Session (1 x 1-hour online workshop)
- The key steps in planning an innovation strategy;
- An overview of innovation planning tools.
The Taster Session aims to provide you with:
- An understanding of the key steps in planning an innovation strategy;
- An insight into the tools available to support innovation planning.
On completion of the Taster Session, a Certificate of Attendance will be provided.
Masterclass (1 x 3-hour workshop)
- Types of business models to support innovation;
- Embedding innovation into your business strategy;
- Innovation initiatives that work;
- Understanding innovation Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and metrics.
On completion of the Masterclass, you will be able to:
- Critically evaluate the various types of innovation initiatives and choose the ones that are most applicable to you;
- Review your business model to align with your innovation strategy;
- Analyse your Innovation Project Scorecard to establish your organisation’s innovation capability, KPIs and metrics.
On completion of the Masterclass, a Certificate of Completion will be provided.
Who is this Masterclass for?
This Masterclass is designed for individuals who want the skills to strengthen their organisation's innovation capability. It is designed for leaders, managers, entrepreneurs and enterprising individuals who seek the knowledge and skills to develop and implement innovative strategies.
Time, Date, and Place
Taster Session: One 1-hour interactive online live webinar.
Masterclass: One 3-hour interactive online live webinar.
Attendees should have a computer with microphone and video capability and are expected to participate in these interactive sessions.