Programme commences in January 2025 subject to Springboard funding.
|Postgraduate Level 9 (30 ECTS)
|Part time, in person & online
|Classes will take place online & in person in Dublin at Tangent, Trinity's Ideas Workspace
TBC subject to funding
|19 Weeks - TBC
|TBC - subject to funding - €300 for eligible applicants in employment. Free to eligible unemployed applicants. See eligibility criteria
|Module 1: Innovation and Creativity
Module 2: Opportunity Recognition, Generation & Communication
Module 3: Enterprise Development
|Closing date: tbc - subject to funding
Course begins: tbc - subject to funding
Course ends: tbc - subject to funding
*Dates, delivery and location are subject to change.
Aimed at those who want to be job shapers and not seekers, Tangent’s part-time postgraduate certificate in Innovation & Enterprise Development (level 9) equips graduates with the creative confidence and skills required to translate ideas into innovative solutions.
You will learn the fundamentals of idea development, creative problem-solving and innovation. You will also learn how to recognise and communicate opportunities in a bid to introduce new and improved solutions in both new and established enterprises.
The course focuses strongly on experiential and action-led learning, and is taught via a combination of masterclasses, interactive workshops and projects. Graduates will develop their creative potential, their critical and lateral thinking and an understanding of the societal and economic value that can be achieved by applying an innovative approach in enterprise.
During this course you will learn to approach problem solving in an innovative way, by using tools and techniques to brainstorm new ideas and applying lateral thinking. By engaging with entrepreneurs, business leaders and industry mentors in an informal learning environment while engaging in valuable peer-to-peer learning, you will experience the process of bringing an idea through from development to implementation.
Module 1: Innovation & Creativity
- This module explores principles and practices associated with creativity and innovation. It exposes students to frameworks and methodologies for idea generation, problem-solving and creative collaboration.
Module 2: Opportunity Generation, Recognition & Communication
- This module provides students with the tools to generate and recognise entrepreneurial opportunities. There is also a focus on the communication and articulation of such opportunities in an effective manner.
Module 3: Enterprise Development
- This module introduces students to the process involved in creating, leading and scaling an entrepreneurial start-up venture.
TBC - Subject to funding - Classes will take place online & in person in Dublin at Tangent, Trinity's Ideas Workspace
The programme incorporates a host of contributors both from academia and industry.
Funding eligibility is as outlined the Springboard+ website.
Applicants must be in possession of a level 8 honours degree (or equivalent), in any discipline from a recognised institution and supply an academic reference as one of the two references required. Those with demonstrated entrepreneurship aspirations will be prioritised.
Applicants who do not meet the entry requirements may still be considered if they can demonstrate their suitability for the course based on recognition of prior learning (RPL) under Trinity’s RPL policy and procedures.
All applicants whose first language is not English and who have not been educated through the medium of English must present one of the following qualifications in the English language:
- IELTS (Academic version) and IELTS Indicator : Grade 6.5 overall.
- TOEFL and TOEFL iBT Special Home Edition: 88 internet-based, 570 paper-based, 230 computer-based.
- University of Cambridge:
Proficiency Certificate, Grade C or better (CEFR Level C1 or C2)
Advanced Certificate, Grade C or better (CEFR Level C1 or C2)
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) - PTE Academic: a minimum score of 63 to be eligible (with no section score below 59)
- Duolingo English Test: minimum overall score of 120/160 with no section below 105, dated since January 2020
- An award certificate with a minimum II.1 overall score from Trinity's Centre for English Language Learning and Teaching's Pre-Master's Pathway Programme. The Pre-Master’s Pathway Programme is an academic English course for international students with conditional offers for postgraduate study at Trinity. Passing the programme means you meet Trinity’s English language requirement and can progress to your postgraduate course without retaking IELTS or any other exam.
Please also note that existing IELTS, TOEFL, Cambridge and PET scores up to two years old will be accepted for 2023/24 applications in light of test centre closures.
For further details on these English Language Proficiency Tests, please contact the appropriate organisation directly.
All students are required to have a laptop or a PC, a webcam and stable internet connection.
Applications are made through the Springboard+ website.
TBC - Subject to funding - Springboard+ covers 100% of course fees for eligible, unemployed applicants who are successful in their application. Springboard+ covers 90% of course fees for eligible, employed applicants who are successful in their application. The remaining 10% course fee is €300.
For more information, please contact our Student Recruitment Team, firstname.lastname@example.org or on (086) 0 320 487