Course / subject help
DS maintains a PearlTrees account on which we stores links that we think may be useful. Most of these are on-line and interactive.Dstrinity
Best of the Web
We are constantly reviewing the world wide web to source the very best available resources, saving you valuable study time:
Cite this for me
Automatically create website citations in the APA, MLA, Chicago, or Harvard referencing styles at the click of a button. by clicking this link.
A visual guide to essay writing
If you’re a visual thinker, you can get quite frustrated in an educational system that marks not your understanding as such, but your ability to express it in a linear chain of reasoning with all the links spelt out. To make this linear way of thinking easier to grasp please view the online guide to writing an essay as a visual learner by clicking this link.
Free iTunes podcasts from the Open University to download 'Start Writing Essays': Start writing essays podcast
The Academic Phrasebank
The general resource is for academic writers. It aims to provide you with examples of some phrases for use in essays. The phrases can be used simply to assist you in thinking about your writing, or they can be used in your own work where this is appropriate:
This great free tool allows faculty and students to set agreed timelines and set clear date gaols for completion of project or group work - click this to access this resource
Best of the rest
- Maths and stats tutorials podcasts:
- How to study effectively - https://www.effectivestudy.org/
- The School of Nursing in Nottingham University has an excellent collection of online videos and tutorials
- 2000+ maths lessons with online exercises: http://www.khanacademy.org/#browse
- Having trouble in understanding Excel, try these free Excel tutorials.
- The guide to online Learning for students : http://www.accreditedschoolsonline.org/online-schools-guidebook/