Often the biggest struggle for students with DCD is making the transition into college and orientating themselves to the new college environment. The OT can support you in settling into college and manage the new routine, structure and activities that you will be required to do. The OT can support you accessing the new college systems, such as the library, computers and email systems. Furthermore, you will work with your OT to identify any other concerns that you may have throughout your college career to support you to manage your role as a student.
- Getting settled in college
- Developing a balanced routine and weekly plan
- Help you stay on track of coursework by developing plans and setting goals
- Using Assistive Technology for engaging in the student role
- Social and Leisure engagement
- Engaging in placement and other work experiences