Trinity has the highest number of students with ASD studying here compared to any other college in Ireland. The occupational therapists within the Disability Service are skilled and trained in providing support to students with ASD and some examples may include:
- Organisation: managing my time and my new routine
- Managing the demands of coursework
- Socialising and making friends
- Managing group work
- Presentations and discussions in tutorials and seminars
- Living away from home and developing self-care skills, such as shopping, cooking etc.
Please see some of the other headings on this page to find out more information of the ways we work with students in these areas.
We have in collaboration with students with ASD in Trinity developed a useful website with information on the transition, through and out of Trinity and you can find it along with useful resources at: http://www.tcd.ie/disability/services/AS-Support/index.php