Diploma in Information Systems
Admission RequirementsFor Admission requirements please click here
To apply to this course, click on the relevant Apply Link below
- Diploma in Information Systems, Closing Date: 01/JUN/2014
Advanced Entry ApplicationsRead the information about how to apply for Advanced Entry, then select the link below to apply.
Ireland needs skilled ICT professionals with broad capabilities, including well-developed business and communication skills and up-to-date technical expertise. If you wish to embark on a career as an ICT professional, or advance your existing ICT career, this two-year diploma course is for you. You will gain in-demand skills that you can apply in a range of ICT roles in business, industry and government, such as system architecture, design and development, software engineering, support, technical sales, IT and project management, security and quality assurance.
The diploma runs over two years, with lectures normally delivered on three evenings per week. On completion of the course you will:
- Be able to construct appropriate ICT solutions using a range of technologies, including social, mobile and cloud computing.
- Develop business, communication and ICT skills through practical assignments and project work.
- Understand the principles, methods, tools and architectures used in the development and management of ICT.
- Be aware of pressing current issues concerning the use of ICT in business and government and the increasing impact of ICT on society.
Recipients of the Diploma award can continue their studies to degree level which takes a further two years – see B.Sc. (Hons) in Information Systems.
Tel: +353 1 896 1765