How to apply a postgraduate course
Before making an application please read the following carefully:
- 1. Choose your course using the course finder
- 2. Consider whether you meet the entry requirements:
- Check the specific course entry requirements, which can be found on individual course listings in the course finder.
- Contact the academic department if you need any advice about a particular course for example, if you need advice on which specific course to apply for. Contact details can be found on the course page within the course finder.
- Consider the supporting documents you might need to upload as part of your application.
Once you have submitted an online application you will be sent an acknowledgement email to the email address you provided when setting up your online user account on my.tcd.ie applicant portal.
The applicant portal will allow you to send and receive communications in respect of your application to Trinity College Dublin, the University of Dublin. You will be able to track the progress of your application at every stage of the admissions process; update your personal information, view decisions made on your application(s) and accept any offers you may receive.
Should you have any queries please contact:Academic Registry E: firstname.lastname@example.org T: +353 (0)1 896 4500
When you apply for a postgraduate course via the course finder, you will have the option to upload your supporting documents. The following information be required before a decision can be made on your application:
- Two academic references (or where appropriate clinical referees)
- Academic transcript(s) which must be certified by the issuing body*
- Certified copy of degree certificate(s)*
- A recognised certificate of English Language Competency if English is not your first language. (See International Student Entry Requirement).
- You may also be required to submit further documents e.g. a sample of work in support of your application/ additional test results such as GMAT etc. If this is necessary for a decision to be made on your application, the document will become a mandatory part of your application.
* Please note that graduates of Trinity College Dublin, the University of Dublin do not need to provide academic transcripts or copies of award parchments or certified copies of degree certificates.
Non-standard application routesApplications for the following postgraduate courses should be made through the appropriate channel:
- Master in Business Administration (M.B.A.), applications must be made online at M.B.A. Application
- Higher Diploma in Education (Primary) applications must be made to the Colleges of Education directly. Further information on this course and information on how to apply can be found on the course finder.
The online application fee for direct applications to Trinity College Dublin, the University of Dublin is €35 per application. This payment must be made online following the instructions on the application form. The online application processing fee is non-refundable. The application will not be submitted to Trinity College Dublin, the University of Dublin until the application fee is paid in full.