2.30pm - 4.00pm Monday to Friday ONLY (email email@example.com to arrange an appointment).
Trinity College have received over 700 laptops to support students from under represted groups in their studies.
Please apply if you are student who is:
- Students disadvantaged by socio-economic barriers
- First-time mature students
- Students with disabilities
- Part-time/flexible learning students
- Students who hold further education qualifications
- Students who are members of the Traveller and Roma communities, or members of ethnic minorities
- Students who are lone Parents
How will my application be assessed
Eligibility will be on a need basis, prioritised as appropriate by Trinity. Students will need to demonstrate a need for such a device e.g. they or their family do not have the means to purchase such a device themselves. Devices will not be allocated to persons who are not registered students of Trinity College.
Erasmus, study abroad and non-Eu fee paying students are not eligible to apply.
Will supporting documentation be required?
Yes, Trinity College needs to satisfy themselves that students have demonstrated a verifiable need for a device. Students will need to demonstrate that they are from one of the National Access Plan target groups. Supporting documentation related to SUSI Special Grant Rate, Back to Education, or a relevant Social Welfare payment may also be required.
Who owns the devices?
Devices remain the property of Trinity College. Students will be asked to sign a loan agreement with the college.
What is the spec of the device?
- Inteli5-10210U processor,
- 8GB RAM,
- 256 GB SSD,
- 1366x768 screen resolution,
- 5 Years Next Business Day Support,
- Windows 10 Home
How can I apply?
- Mature students or students who have entered via HEAR can apply through the link hosted by Trinity Access or for more information email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Students who have entered Trinity through DARE, can apply through the Disability Service at email@example.com.
- All other undergraduate students can submit an application through the Senior Tutors Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All Postgraduates can submit there application via email@example.com.
All applications must be completed online. Applications must be received no later than Friday 9th October 2020 by 5pm. Incomplete or late applications will not be accepted.
The outcome of application and the distribution of laptops will take place by the end of October.
A drop-in service is available on Wednesdays between 12.30pm and 2.00pm with the Undergraduate Student Support Officer and on Tuesdays and Wednesdays between 2.30pm and 3.30pm with the Postgraduate Student Support Officer.
All appointments for the Senior Tutor; Undergraduate Student Support Officer/Office Manager and Postgraduate Student Support Officer should be made through firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student life in Trinity College Dublin extends beyond the classroom. Trinity College Dublin prides itself on encouraging each and every student to participate in as much as possible and to take full advantage of everything the University has to offer which creates the 'Trinity Experience'.
Trinity College students tell their stories of how the Tutorial Service has supported them during their time in College and staff give information on some of the services available to undergraduate students.