Competency-Based Interviewer Training with Anne Mangan
TCD Employees Only - Hiring Leads and Interview Panel Members - Competency-Based Interview Training for Interviewers.
This programme is being delivered to support the introduction of the competency framework including competency-based recruitment for interviewers.
Following this workshop participants will:
- Know the benefits of Competency-Based Interviewing
- Understand how to prepare for and conduct a professional Competency-Based Interview
- Have increased confidence using core interview skills in a competency-based interview – questioning, listening, and note taking
- Understand how to assess and rate candidates against role competencies
- Have had opportunity to practice competency-based interviewing
High Level Course Outline:
- The workshop will be highly interactive and include learning activities and breakout sessions.
- Overview and benefits of Competency-Based Interviewing vs more traditional approach
- Interview Structure
- Opening the Interview and creating rapport
- Exploring the required competencies with the candidate using effective questioning, listening and note taking
- Closing the interview
- Rating candidates against the competencies in a fair and transparent manner
Skills practice using Trinity role profiles Role and Interview Packs
Please note that priority may be given to applicants with key interviews with early dates, this may result in some changes to a potential date of attendance for participants.