Meet our Research Students
- Qualifications: BSc General Nursing, MSc Cancer Care, PG Cert Statistics
- Name of research project: The Cost of Survival: Understanding Colorectal Cancer Survivors Quality of Life
- Description: The Cost of Survival Study is a mixed method study investigating colorectal cancer survivors' quality of life and experience of healthcare up to five years following diagnosis.
- Supervisor: Associate Professor Anne-Marie Brady and
- I feel fortunate to be a student of the school, we have a very positive and supportive research atmosphere.
- I am a full-time PhD Candidate since September 2013, and expect to submit my thesis by August 2017.
- Qualifications: BSc in Public Health and Health Promotion-University College Cork, MSc in Biotechnology and Business-University College Dublin
- Name of research project: Evaluate the role of the informal caregiver using a technological solution (digital training technology) to support self-management of older persons (aged 65 and over) living with multiple chronic health conditions (multimorbidity).
- Description: This PhD study supports the development of a digital training technology that is effective at reducing informal caregiver burden and improving the quality of home based care for the patient. The results will build into the European Horizon 2020 project ProACT (Integrated Technology Ecosystem for ProACTive Patient Centred Care)
- Supervisor: Dr. Anne-Marie Brady, Dr. John Dinsmore & Dr. Julie Doyle (DkIT)
- Funder: 1252 Scholarship
- Full time: September 2016-2020