Pictured: Prof. Peter Openshaw, Prof. Adrian Hill, Dame Kate Bingham, Prof. Alex Sette, Stephen Donnelly TD, Prof. Cliona O’Farrelly, Prof. Kingston Mills , Prof. Luke O’Neill and Dr. Cillian de Gascun.
We are pleased to announce that the TCD COVID-19 research hub hosted an 'in-person' conference entitled 'COVID-19 Immunology, Vaccines and Lessons for the Future' on the 9-11th June 2022. This event spanned over 3 days, with science presentations on Thursday June 9th and Friday June 10th and a public outreach half-day event on Saturday June 11th.
Topics included: COVID-19 Immunology, COVID-19 Disease and Long COVID, COVID-19 Vaccines and Immunotherapeutics, Pandemic and Human Behaviour, Future Pandemic Preparedness.
Recorded talks will be available to view shortly.
- Prof. Adrian Hill, The Jenner Institute and University of Oxford, UK
- Prof. Akiko Iwasaki, Yale University and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, USA.
- Prof. Eran Segal, Weizmann Institute of Science, Israel.
- Prof. Jean-Laurent Casanova, The Rockefeller University and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, USA.
- Prof. Alessandro Sette, The La Jolla Institute for Immunology, USA.
- Prof. Peter Openshaw, Imperial College London, UK.
- Prof. Trish Greenhalgh, University of Oxford, UK.
- Dame Kate Bingham, SV Health Investors LLC and Former Chair of the UK Vaccine Taskforce.
- Prof. David Lynn, South Australian Health and Medical Research Institute and Flinders University, Australia.
- Dr. Cillian De Gascun, National Virus Reference Laboratory, UCD.
- Prof. Kingston Mills, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland.
- Prof. Clíona Ní Cheallaigh, St. James’s Hospital and Trinity College Dublin, Ireland.
- Prof. Luke O’Neill, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland.
- Prof. Cliona O'Farrelly, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland.
Eurofins Biomnis. Eurofins Biomnis is the leading independent provider of medical laboratory testing services in Ireland. We are proud to offer our clients a pathology service which uses the most sophisticated diagnostic equipment and techniques in all fields of pathology, including a dedicated pathology transport service, expert medical pathologist support and novel IT connectivity solutions to meet all of your pathology demands.
Eurofins Biomnis & COVID-19. To date, Eurofins Biomnis have performed over 1.3 million SARS-CoV-2 PCR tests for the HSE and other healthcare providers. We were at the forefront of SARS-CoV-2 variant detection by PCR in early 2021 and our variant PCR programme identified the very first cases of the South African variant in the midlands in late February 2021. This initiative led the HSE to instruct all other laboratories performing SARS-CoV-2 PCR testing to send their travel-related primary positives to Eurofins Biomnis for variant PCR testing.