Welcome to the Quality Office Website
Under Irish legislation (Qualifications and Quality Assurance (Education and Training) Act 2012) each university is responsible for the quality of its own teaching and learning, and for putting in place formal quality assurance procedures which are regularly reviewed and updated. QQI (Quality and Qualifications Ireland) is the state agency established by The Act and is responsible for reviewing the effectiveness of quality assurance in further and higher education providers in Ireland.
The primary purpose of the Quality Office is to ensure that the College meets its statutory obligations, and that its quality assurance procedures and processes are aligned appropriately with the Standards and Guidelines for Quality Assurance in the European Higher Education Area (ESG) and with the Framework for Quality at Trinity (below).
The core activities of the Quality Office are to:
- Manage, develop and maintain the College's quality review process.
- Support the Quality Committee, which is a compliance Committee of Board and Council.
- Promote and facilitate continuous quality improvement activities across College.
- Support the development of College Policies and Procedures in relation to quality assurance and improvement.
- Facilitate Trinity College's participation in quality assurance at a sectoral level
The full schedule of Quality Reviews until 2019 can be found below (click on image):
The Quality Office is part of Trinity Teaching and Learning (TTL), and is located in Room 23, West Theatre, Front Square, Trinity College Dublin, The University of Dublin.
The names and contact details of Quality Office staff can be found below.
|Quality Officer||Roisin Smith||(00 353 1 896) 4330||Quality.Officer@tcd.ie||Administrative Officer||Liz Donnellan||(00 353 1 896) email@example.com|
|Senior Executive Officer||Helen Condon||(00 353 1 896) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Administrative Officer||Amy Murray||(00 353 1 896) email@example.com|
|Administrative Officer||Sarah Coyle||(00 353 1 896) firstname.lastname@example.org|