World Class Education
A Research-centred, Collaborative university
As the only Irish member of the prestigious League of 22 European Research Universities (LERU), Trinity is committed to providing excellence in education and research. We meet the highest standards in learning, innovation and independent critical enquiry, and we win more than 50% of the European Research funding coming into Ireland.
Build flexible career paths
- As a Trinity student you will have access to mentorship through our Student-2-Student programme, in which trained student mentors share their experiences, or via our GradLink programme, where Trinity graduates who have gone on to various careers volunteer to provide inspiration and advice through one-to-one mentoring.
- We are committed to a culture of career readiness, providing an education that will equip you to develop valuable transferable skills.
- Trinity also encourages an entrepreneurial spirit, providing incubation programmes for student-led companies, and has been named as Europe’s leading university two years in a row for producing venturebacked entrepreneurs.
Be at the centre of things
Be part of a supportive community
- Every undergraduate student at Trinity is assigned a personal tutor who is there to guide you through your chosen academic pathway. In addition to your academic path, a core aspect of the Trinity education is the potential for co- and extra- curricular activities which broaden and reinforce the experience of a Trinity graduate.
- Trinity has 120 student societies which constitute the most dynamic and active set of university student societies in Ireland. Student societies have been an essential part of life at Trinity since the 17th century. The Historical Society (the “Hist”) and the Philosophical Society (the “Phil”) are two of the oldest debating societies in the world, attracting major names from the world of media, politics, music and film annually.
- Trinity also has 48 official sports clubs ranging from badminton and squash to hockey, rugby, rowing and sailing, GAA, swimming and Ultimate Frisbee. They cater for everyone from social members to Olympic athletes.
- Culture and the Arts are key to Trinity’s heritage and are reflected in our student experience. A major highlight of every academic year is the world famous Trinity Ball – Europe’s largest private party happens right on campus and plays host to some of the biggest names in world music.
- Trinity also have a designated Global Room [unique space for social and networking events for all our students).
Be a global citizen
- Interact with students from around the globe. Trinity is home to 17,000 students from every county in Ireland and more than 122 countries around the world.
- Over 40% of our faculty comes from outside of Ireland, helping to support our International outlook.
- Study abroad – the university-wide exchange programme is an opportunity to live and study in one of our European, North American, Australian or Asian partner universities, while earning credit towards your degree. Many students take part in an exchange during their third year (fourth year for Computer Science and Engineering students).
Join Ireland’s top University
- Employers worldwide hold Trinity graduates in highesteem. Our current academic staff include world leaders in their fields.
- Some of the most famous people in Irish history have been educated at Trinity and we also celebrate the successes of our more recent graduates: Nobel Prize winners in literature, science and medicine; presidents and world leaders; award-winning actors and film makers; internationally renowned poets and playwrights, entrepreneurs and business leaders.