Why Study Russian?
Because Russian is
- the first language of some 165 million people and of the world's largest state
- one of Europe's most important languages
- in the same family of languages as English and Irish (so there is much common ground).
- neither impossible to learn nor so very exotic and remote.
Furthermore, Russia has
- a fascinating and complex history
- a rich cultural heritage
- one of the world's great modern literatures
- a rich musical and artistic legacy
Finally, today's post-Soviet Russia is a rapidly changing society offering unprecedented opportunities for work, study and travel for our students and graduates.
As one of our graduates says: "You will have the opportunity to study a fascinating and complex society, a literature second to none (try some now in translation), a tragic and thrilling history, as well as a challenging and beautiful language. Your classmates will not be run-of-the-mill. You will not be bored."