GDPR is here at last - are you ready?
Published May 23rd, 2018
We’ve all heard a lot about GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), which finally comes into effect this Friday, May 25th. So the question is – are you GDPR ready? Here are some reminders of what you should be doing:
- Have you completed the GDPR online training?
- Password protect any document containing personal information before attaching to an email.
- Always ask for two verifiable pieces of information from a caller before you share any personal information.
- Always lock your PC (Windows key + L) when you’re leaving your desk.
- Only print to a printer for which you have set up a PIN number.
- Check that your desk is clear and sensitive documents are stored securely.
- Lock your door when leaving an empty office.
These are just a few pointers. There is a comprehensive section on data protection and compliance on the college website.